Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlasiArt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Moving expenses - college to first job and interviews
    We moved from AZ to CT after my wife graduated medical school for a paid residency.
    Are these expenses deductible?
    I've heard you can only claim them when moving from JOB to JOB, not COLLEGE to JOB.

Also, are the expenses involved in job searching (airfare, hotels, car rental) deductible? She traveled to four different states and then settled on one.
    Thanks
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Moving expenses from AZ to CT to start a new job (as residency) are deductible.
    Job searching expenses are not deductible.

Read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Moving Expenses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can College application expenses be tax deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

Can College application expenses be tax deductible (apps, AP scores,SAT scores and maybe even travel)? GArmistead

Moving expenses [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I moved recently from outside USA by plane to start a new job. I also had some house good stored at one of my friends in a different state (for which I rented a car to bring back). I know I meet the time, place and other tests for applying for moving expenses. My question is can I claim the...

Child support, college expenses and name changes [ 4 Answers ]

There are several issues I have questions about: 1. If a child over the age of 18 changes his surname to his mother's maiden name, does the father still have to pay college expenses or child support (in NJ)? 2. If the father has NO say in the college choice, is he still obligated to pay...

Moving Expenses [ 3 Answers ]

My husband's new company paid for us to move but we still had to stay at a hotel and drive to the new location in two vehicles. Can we get reimbursed on the hotel stay, meals and mileage for the two vehicles? Thanks

Deductions for College Expenses [ 1 Answers ]

May parents of high school seniors deduct their child's college application fees, SAT fees, etc. when filing their federal tax return for 2006. Thanks...

View more questions Search