Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ItsHisLoss Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 12:30 AM
    Has anyone tried Alli?
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried the weightloss pill called alli, and if so did you have any success?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2008, 05:37 AM
    This site says you have to take a multivitamin with it.
    It says the active ingredient is Orlistat 60mg
    It looks like all the other ingredients are binders and fillers.

SALE Alli 60ct The FDA Approved Weight Loss Aid with Orlistat $54.99 - Bodybuilding Supplements & Herbal Diet Pills - Call 800-338-0139 Worls Class nutrition.com
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Mar 21, 2008, 06:17 AM
    NO!! For the love of God don't use this product!!

On the warning label it says to not use it if you EVER had pancreatitis. So my sister (who has never had the disease) gave it a try in the fall. Turns out a month later she developed pancreatitis. I did some digging on the internet, and I did find like 2 sites that says that Alli can GIVE you pancreatitis though it doesn't say it on the label. I told her doctor, and they did some digging, and Alli basically claims that since fat people are more prone to the disease, that she probably got it because she was fat. SHE'S NOT FAT. They just want to cover their a$$es. And seriously... though Alli didn't help her lose the weight, she lost like 20 pounds in the hospital, and she acquired a $17,000 hospital bill and a blood clot thanks to the IV in her hand. Lol. So yeah... not worth it.

Exercise and veggies my friend!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2008, 10:43 PM
    Fuwenli, stop that.

As far as alli goes, my friends have tried it and overall, there are some side effects but not to the point where the FDA wouldn't have approved it.

The following is a bit graphic + gross.

The blunt description of how alli works is actually a bit gross... the chemicals actually attach themselves to the fat molecules of the food you consume and just pass it through the body... this results in diarrhea (some). You can actually SEE the fat in your feces. Also, users of alli are told to take a multivitamin as the fat-soluble vitamins will be drained from your body. Also, alli suggests that you shouldn't wear white, at least the first two weeks or so while your body is adjusting to the product... this is due to you having something like a diarrhea-like mini-explosion... hope I sugar-frosted that enough. What they mean by your "body" adjusting to it means that eventually you'll change your diet and eat less fatty foods... as you'll discover that once you eat fried chicken, you won't have a good time in the bathroom... so you'll eventually learn to control your diet better.

As with any drugs, there are side effects and you should consult your doctor if you have a history of any medical or health issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alli weight loss pill [ 4 Answers ]

Can I take laxatives while on the alli weight pills?

Alli weight loss pill [ 2 Answers ]

Can I take laxatives while on the alli weight pills? I've been taking them everyday.how soon will I see results? I'm getting really frustrated with them, should I continue with this? What other suppliment would be recommended? What about penterfein?

Has anyone tried alli [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone one tried Alli (the new FDA approved pill)? I know it has not been out long. Just curious on the results.

View more questions Search