Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1windstar2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 12:13 AM
    Wife Married Again Before We Are Divorced
    My Wife and I are Separated and not divorced yet. She met a man in the Coast Guard and married him over a year ago. She lives with him and my son in Coast Guard Housing in Novato California. Anyone know who to contact in the Coast Guard to report this. Also, she has taken my son with her to Florida and I had filed a paper with the court that states that she cannot take my son out of the town we live in. Who do I contact to report that she is out of state with him.

Thanks
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 06:37 AM
    First off, if your divorce isn't final - then, obviously, you are still married. If you are still married, it isn't legal to marry again. So, the 2nd marriage is not a legal one.

If she has gone against a court order taking the kids out of town - then I believe you have grounds for possibly kidnapping. I am not 100% on that. But she is in contempt of court.
    I would contact the attorney that drew up your papers and see what he/she has to say about where you go from here.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 21, 2008, 06:44 AM
    As noted, her marriage is not legal. She could even be brought up on bigamy charges.

The out of state thing needs more info. Do you have a court ordered separation agreement? Does that agreement specify visitation rights? Does that agreement state anything about traveling out of state? You say you filed a paper stating she couldn't take him out of town. Was that paper affirmed by the court? What was the exact wording of that paper? Was this trip a vacation (you mention she lives in CA)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a Father divorced to wife [ 3 Answers ]

I have two children brothers but they are living his mother. I want to for betterment of child. I want them. I will gave case in family court now how can I custodies of them.

Married or divorced? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently in a complicated situation. I met a young lady in the year of 1999 and quickly committed to her about a year after. We moved in together right after the wedding and to my surprise things were not the way I thought they were. I had my mother in law living with my wife and I and as...

Married in California, divorced in Spain. How do I get divorced in CA? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in California in 1998 and moved to Spain where I got divorced in 2005 under Spain's Law. I've tried contacting the US consulate to validate my divorce, but they referred me to the County I got married in. The County has no clue, they tell me to show up there. How can I validate my...

View more questions Search