Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seifty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Life Experience Degree and Ministry of Education
    I am soon moving to Dubai (United Arab Emirates) and in order to work there you must present a diploma or education status with the ministry of education. I heard from a friend that they will check the diploma by having the University certify it through the US embassy.
    After talking with the Belford University rep on the phone, He calims that this is fine and they have done this for alumni in the past.

I don't want to take the risk of being declined and would like to know if anyone has any advise?

PS: I understand The degree is not really real, but I just needed it to work, for work purposes.

Thanks!
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Mar 21, 2008, 02:04 PM
    It depends on how clueless the people at the embassy and the UAE officials are. At some point, I'd guess someone will realize Belford is a total scam and at that point I wouldn't want to be working in the UAE on phony credentials.

My advice? If you're doing work that requires a degree, do the right thing and get a real degree at a real school that will take your life experience into account... but don't plan on getting 100% credit for everything you've done at a reputable school.

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Some education + work experience enough? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi - I'm new here. My question is this... I have recently returned to college after many (many) years. I have worked in the corporate world for quite some time, and was in the industry of my choosing (consumer products) for a number of years. I was doing the work that I enjoyed, but always under...

Accreditated university for degree on work experience [ 6 Answers ]

Dear all , Can any body let me know is there any university or institution who is Accreditated & offer degree base on work experience . Regards

Live experience degree [ 2 Answers ]

What unversities and colleges who are accredited offer life experence degrees.

Experience based degree [ 3 Answers ]

I have 37+ years of experience in TV broadcasting and about five+ in teaching at university level. I don't have time for regular degree. I want to get PhD based on work experience etc. Any one can help me locate a university which is recognised the world over. Thanks

Life Experience Degree Program [ 4 Answers ]

Could anyone that has any information about Glendale University and the life experience degree programs it offers Please tell me about it. They state that they are accredited by the National Distance Learning Accreditation Council (N.D.L.A.C.). Any information would be greatly appreciated on the...

View more questions Search