Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scaredmum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Pregnancy an alcohol
    I have just found out l am 7 weeks pregnant, but l have been drinking lots, lmean adverage 1 bottle of wine sometimes a bottle an a 1/2 5 nights aweek. L Saw a doctor an he said l should consider an abortion, l just broke down. L have stopped drinking, I always drink 2 litres of water a day an eat healthy, l just got in to a bad habbit since x-mas, not intending to get pregnant, l really want my baby, but a healthy one, is it to late for me, have l caused damage unquestionably. If anyone has any insight please help, because the doctor says l have to make the decision by 14 weeks, 9 weeks now...
    lillie92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredmum
    I have just found out l am 7 weeks pregnant, but l have been drinking lots, lmean adverage 1 bottle of wine sometimes a bottle an a 1/2 5 nights aweek. l Saw a doctor an he said l should consider an abortion, l just broke down. l have stopped drinking, i always drink 2 litres of water a day an eat healthy, l just got in to a bad habbit since x-mas, not intending to get pregnant, l really want my baby, but a heathy one, is it to late for me, have l caused damage unquestionably. If anyone has any insight please help, because the doctor says l have to make the decision by 14 weeks, 9 weeks now...
    I am not an expert, and I am not a doctor, this is an OPINION!! Abortion should not be an option, you are pregnant yes, and you were drinking way tooo much, but you should not consider abortion. Abortion is sooo not the way to go. You should continue on with the pregnancy whether your baby is healthy. If you end up having the baby and its sick, at least you are giving it a chance to live, maybe by you having a sick baby, you give it a chance to survive.
    Just my opinion...
    Abortion should NEVER be an option in any situation!

~lillie
    AngelStar Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredmum
    I have just found out l am 7 weeks pregnant, but l have been drinking lots, lmean adverage 1 bottle of wine sometimes a bottle an a 1/2 5 nights aweek. l Saw a doctor an he said l should consider an abortion, l just broke down. l have stopped drinking, i always drink 2 litres of water a day an eat healthy, l just got in to a bad habbit since x-mas, not intending to get pregnant, l really want my baby, but a heathy one, is it to late for me, have l caused damage unquestionably. If anyone has any insight please help, because the doctor says l have to make the decision by 14 weeks, 9 weeks now...
    Seriously? Get a new doctor. My sister in law had loads of problems. She didn't even think she could have a child, due to an earlier abortion. So she just kept on partying as she always has. And I'm talking hardcore. She found out she was pregnant, and was scared to death because she had been doing drugs. She delivered a gorgeous, healthy little boy. All hope is not lost. But I really would get a new doctor.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Mar 21, 2008, 12:36 PM
    When I found out I was pregnant, I broke down, because I week earlier my husband and I went out with some friends and drank... ALOT. I told my doctor about it, she did not seem concerned... now I have a beautiful and healthy baby boy!
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Mar 21, 2008, 02:48 PM
    My BF's mom told me a week ago that she drank the entire time she was pregnant with him. He's was born a completely healthy boy!

And I agree... like the others said, get a new doctor!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 03:44 PM
    This is what I found on the internet, I hope it's helpful to you;

After fertilization of the egg, the fertilized egg travels back through the fallopian tubes to the uterus, where it implants into the endometrium (lining of the uterus). That takes 8 days from fertilization (conception). At that point, the growing embryo is connected to your blood. As the placenta develops, there will be a better connection to your blood. It is doubtful that a few drinks in early pregnancy can cause any problems. However, binge drinking or constant alcohol throughout the pregnancy can cause Fetal Alcohol Syndrome which has dire results to the fetus. In early pregnancy, if the alcohol caused any problems, you probably would miscarry. Just avoid any further alcohol use and you should be fine.

This was written by an OBGYN, so it should be pretty accurate.

Lillie92 - You have a right to your opinion about abortion, and that is your choice to make if you are faced with an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy. You do not have the right to force your beliefs down someone else's throat. Abortion is legal and available, if that is something that the OP wishes to do then that is her choice to make, not yours.

Good luck to you Scaredmom, I wish you all the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol test [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I passed a drug test for work and now they want a alcohol test, will THC show up in a alcohol test?

Alcohol use [ 1 Answers ]

I have a motion (temporary until court date) stating that the fathe will not use or have any alcohol in body while my children and with him. This also goes for his two live in roommates. I have found that the drinking is continuing and he is in contempt of court, He also has not filed his...

Alcohol detox [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 24 and has an extremely bad drinking problem, he has had 4 seizures this year when he doesn't drink, he is on anti seizure meds & anti anxiety also, we are trying to get him into a 3 day detox right now (no beds available), does anyone know any ways of helping him through this until a bed...

Alcohol tips [ 8 Answers ]

Hey so, I was just wondering. How do you forget about things when you are drunk? Like a girl I know said you only completely forget everything if you pass out, and also how many drinks is too much? How do you help a friend if they are sick? And if you have any tips about alcohol, I would be happy...

Alcohol: 70% or 99%? [ 1 Answers ]

For cleaning keyboards, door knobs/handles, table tops, etc. Which is better, the 70% or the 99%?

View more questions Search