Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    winsie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Check from IRS
    I filed my federal and state tax returns for 2007 and got my returns directly deposited to my bank account. After a couple of weeks I received a check from IRS by mail for an amount which was different than my original tax returns. Any idea why this check was sent to me or Who do I ask what this check is for?

- Winsie
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Call the IRS back immediately and ask them. This might have been sent to you in error and if you cash the check you could possibly have to return the money to them once they catch THEIR error.
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Mar 20, 2008, 04:56 PM
    I agree. Call them.
    Samini81 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2008, 05:01 PM
    There is an extra tax credit some people are getting like me for example I am going to get an extra $600 on may 9th its due to the financial strain on america yada yada and some people are also getting an extra state tax creditif you call Jackson Hewitt they will answer tax questions over the phone my sister works at one in Ada
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Mar 20, 2008, 05:06 PM
    The stimulas rebate checks are not being mailed out until starting the first week of May. You can go to the IRS website and calculate how much it will be and see what week you are going to receive it. I don't believe that this check would apply to this situation yet. There should have been a date for what year the refund was for up in the right hand corner of the check. But I would still doublecheck with the IRS on this one.
    winsie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Thanks everyone. I called them and it turned out be the returns for 2005.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do you find the plug in to check the check engine light [ 16 Answers ]

I am trying to find the plug in where you plug in the computer to check the check engine light it a 1992 civic can anyone tell me where it located at and if you have picture that would be great thanks if you could tell me the color of the plug in and how many pin in it that would help me in finding...

Disability check VS. Child support check [ 2 Answers ]

My sister lives w/ my step father. My mom HAD to leave the home. My sister is 13 and decided to stay w/ father. I don't think he can take care of my sister.. he can't hardly take care of his self. He receives a disability check for his self and my sister gets one also until she is 18. He BLOWS...

IRS number [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone happen to know a number I can call to report someone to the IRS in New York State? (Broome County)

Forged IRS check [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-spouse and ex-mother-in-law forged my name on an IRS refund check. I have submitted a form to a IRS location in CA but still not heard a word. I am afraid they are not going to do anything after looking at information on the internet and seeing at least one other person that still has to...

Need help from the IRS [ 3 Answers ]

Time and Time again I called the IRS to correct an error on my tax return and the conversation ended with me speaking with the most undiscerning batch of extreme ignorance known to me doing my life time. The problem: The student loan interest deduction compared to the deduction allowed for...

View more questions Search