Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthisheaven48 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Heartmurmmer to stop a heart break
    My boyfriend wants to join the army and he has a heart murmmer. He is 22 and has a person coming over to talk about enlisting Friday I hope and pray that his heart murmmer won't let him join because I don't want him to go. But I was wondering if anybody knows if he will be able to or not...
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
    I have a heart murmer and I live an ordinary life. Nothing stops me as far as I'm concerned.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 12:00 PM
    It all depends on how serious the murmur is and where in the heart it is located.
    inthisheaven48 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    It all depends on how serious the murmur is and where in the heart it is located.

To answer both of you its not serious to him he does normal stuff everyday phisical and I don't know were it is all I know is he always says yhea I have and extra hole in my heart. Because he jokes around but it never has bothered him before. I don't know I thought military had strick rules about that stuff.
    armyguy98c10 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Yes the murmur will prevent him from entering the military unless he does not list it as a medical condition. This year alone my unit has already had 2 people honorably booted due to heart murmur. It does not matter the severity of the condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart break [ 3 Answers ]

I can't get over my ex boyfriend. We were together for little over a year. The relationship clearly wasn't working, we argued all the time. I knew he didn't treat me right. But I wanted everything to work out desperatelly. But, of course it didn't. We've been broken up for 3 months now, and I still...

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

Heart To Heart (BBC News) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello fellow AMHD Devotees, Just thought I'd share this news story with everyone as I thought it was pretty fantastic! BBC NEWS | Health | Woman face-to-face with own heart Goes to show how important organ donation can be! :) And this one, that literally made my skin crawl;

Heart Break [ 13 Answers ]

I have just been informed that my 12 year old daughter is not my daughter. I've taken care of her financially and emotionally all her life. A little over a year ago her mother decided she (my daughter) no longer fit her lifestyle and abandoned her. She's lived with me ever since. I filed for...

Will josh break my heart [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know if joshua wants to marry me and if does will he ever or will we break up first

View more questions Search