Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakyas11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Lexmark printer not working
    Hello,

I am unable to print, everything seems to work even changed the ink but page comes out blank.

Thanking you in anticipation

Barry:confused:
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Okay, I give up, what model of Lexmark Printer are you using?

How did this failure suddenly start? Did the printer ever work properly?

When you changed the ink cartridges, did you use re-filled ink or Lexmark cartridges?
    jakyas11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Sorry, now you know what your dealing with,printer no---x1270, used lex-mark cart, printer has worked for 9 months, no warning just stopped printing. Also according to the screen both print cart had sufficient ink in them

Many thanks

Barry
    BBWfromPhilly Posts: 42, Reputation: 5

Mar 20, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Have you checked the printer preferences of the software? Perhaps something there is changed. Also, I once had printer problems which were corrected when I created a new print driver... the old one was corrupted.

Mar 21, 2008, 10:27 AM
    With the USB cable disconnected from the PC, can you successfully run any test pages via the maintenance menu of the printer?

Mar 21, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Okay, we just had another fellow using an older printer have the same failure with an HP Laser.

Anyone check Microsoft's treasure chest to see if there is a quick fix for this problem?

Mar 23, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Let's see, I've asked the OP if the printer can print a standalone test.

And I've asked if anyone has looked at Vista on the WEB to see if there are any printer hot fixes?

So you are correct, we are waiting for answers.

Mar 23, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Courtsey of Lexmark's Knowledge Base:

List of Lexmark Inkjet Printers Compatible with Windows Vista ID:ENUS25836
    IMPORTANT! The printer models and dates specified below are subject to change without notification.

Lexmark's Microsoft Vista Support

Lexmark has certified drivers available for use within the Vista operating system. In addition, Lexmark will be releasing Microsoft-certified Vista printer drivers throughout the 2007 calendar year. End users should consider the following solutions:
    • Vista in-box certified Lexmark printer drivers. See 'Included Vista Drivers' below.
    • If your printer is not in the 'Included Vista Drivers' list, see 'Upcoming Vista Drivers'.
    • If you require an immediate printer driver solution and cannot find a specific printer in either list mentioned above, see 'Which Driver Do I Use?'.
    • Older inkjet printers will not be supported in Vista. Check all lists and see Lexmark's Drivers & Downloads page for availability.
    NOTE: Newly released certified Vista drivers will be distributed via the Web. Depending on the printer model, these drivers may also be implemented into future CD driver packages.

Included Vista Drivers
    A number of drivers (referred to as in-box drivers) are shipped with Vista (see list below). If you have one of these printers and plan to use it in Vista, simply plug the printer in and the driver will be installed. NOTE: Because these drivers are pre-installed by Microsoft in Windows Vista, support for the drivers will be handled through Microsoft.
    • Lexmark Z11
    • Lexmark Z12
    • Lexmark Z22 & Z32
    • Lexmark Z31
    • Lexmark Z42
    • Lexmark Z51
    • Lexmark Z52
    Color Jet (CJ) Series
    • Lexmark Color Jet 3200
    • Lexmark Color Jet 5700
    Upcoming Vista Drivers
    NOTE: Newly released certified Vista drivers will be distributed via the Web. Depending on the printer model, these drivers may also be implemented into future CD driver packages.

Vista drivers will become available for the following printers:
    Driver CD available and Web-downloadable
    • X5400
    • X4200
    • X1200
    • Z645
    • Z840
    • Z730
    • X2400
    • X3400
    • P350
    • X7300
    • X8300
    • X9300
    Web-downloadable only
    • X1100
    • Z500 & Z600 (combined)
    • P4300
    • X3300
    • X2300
    • X7100
    • Z810
    • Z700
    • X5200
    • P6300
    • P910
    • P6200
    • X6100
    • X5100
    • X2200
    Which Drivers Do I Use?
    Please check the OS Compatibility Chart on Lexmark.com for additional individual printer driver announcements. This chart should be located under Drivers & Downloads.

Still Need Help?

Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your printer model type and serial number.
    Please call from near the printer and workstation in case the technician asks you to perform a task involving one of these devices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't install lexmark x1290 printer [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I've just bought a lexmark x1290 all in one printer and can't install it I'm running on windows vista any body any solutions for me thanks :confused: :

Lexmark Printer won't Print [ 13 Answers ]

So I installed a lexmark printer and when I send something to be printed, the printer starts, does what it should (?) which to me is printing, and then a blank page comes out. There is nothing at all on it, not even a dirty mark! When I try to print a test page it tells me it is printnig, paper...

Calling all Lexmark X6570 Printer Owners - Is my printer damaged? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a Lexmark X6570 Printer(wireless printing, faxing, photo printing, scanning, copying, and printing all in one). I now need the help of others who own this printer as well because I'm not sure if I purchased a faulty/damaged printer. I have installed the printer and...

Can't install lexmark x75 all in one printer [ 1 Answers ]

I do not have the install cd for the all in one printer what should I do??

View more questions Search