Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    135678 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Toyota bump noise?
    I have a 1998 toyota camry. While driving I hit any size bump in the road Ihear a noise similar to 2 bowling balls bumping together coming from the rear of the car.Any ideas?

Thanks rattled
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 04:15 PM
    I know what it is, and it's called the strut mounts or supports as some call them. They mount to the top of the strut that bolts to the car.
    The rubber in them get weak. Best heard when driving on a wash board type road surface.
    I'm betting you are hearing the front because they are well known for this.
    In fact, my 98 Camry I have does the same thing. (sooner or later I'll get around to that).
    It's not a safety issue, but they really should be replaced due to wearing out the strut tops.
    It does happen to the rear also, but rare.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red bump-white bump in labia minora [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I've surfed through this site trying to find a solution, but haven't come across one, so I hope you can help me. Every few months I get a small pin-prick sized red raised dot on the outside of my right labia minora. It's mostly benign in feeling, but occasionally feels irritated. In...

My Mom Won't Shut Up and My dad won't shut up, noise noise. Annoyed. [ 18 Answers ]

My mom nevers shut up. She repeats everything and reminds me about everything. Also, my dad eats with his mouth open cause he's old and I have to hear it because my computer is near the dining room, actually basically in probably. Also, my big brother laughs upstairs at his anime.. My twin brother...

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

1993 Toyota Previa A/C Noise [ 2 Answers ]

A/C compressor mkes high pitch noise when van is in parked position. Is there anything I can spray around there to fix the problem?

View more questions Search