Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 20, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Bad experience with online motorcycles company.
    Guys, please, I really need some advice here.

I've recently purchased a scooter from Marshy's motorcycles online and the service is so bad that I'm at my wit's end and don't know what to do.

Well, I saw the bike online and called them, I left a message on their phone as it was an answering machine. Within minutes, a guy called me and we discussed the sccoter I was interested in etc. They didn't have it in 125CC as advertised but instead in 50CC but at the same price. I agreed to buy it as I really needed a scooter as I had an accident with my previous one and it was written-off.

I also purchased all the extras such as the registration, tax, plate etc.

I received the bike like 3 days ago and it was all wrapped up. I couldn't see anything at all and the driver refused to allow me to take off the wrapper to check it. So after the driver left, I took off the wrapper and was horified to find that not only was it a completely different bike but it didn't have any registration doc, plate number or tax. So, obviously can't be taken on the road. Since then I've been calling them non-stop to try and solve this but they have been very uncorporative and they kept saying that I need to speak to the manager, Jonathan who also happen to be the guy who sold me the bike over the phone; but they keep saying that he's busy or they'll call back but never do.

I've had to contact my solicitor for advice and so far, my solicitor only sent them a letter to ask them to either refund me or try to correct their mistake and has given them 10 days. I'm still trying to call them but they keep making excuses not to let me talk to this Jonathan. So now, I'm without a bike for a week and also short of £700.

Can anyone please advice as to what I can do? My bank doesn't seem able to help to get back my money since I personally made the payment. Is there a way to get my money back at least so I can get another one? :(

BTW, their site is Marshy's Motorcycles Ltd. Scooters, Sports Scooters, 125cc, 50cc, 100cc Road Legal

I wouldn't advice anyone to buy from them, their customer service sucks big time. They are polite until they get the sale. Now I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I can really do without this stress.:mad:

Mar 20, 2008, 02:26 PM
    The scary thing is they are ranked at #1 on Google UK:eek: . And they claim on their website that their scooters/bikes are as little as £399 (although upon searching their website, there is no such thing).:rolleyes: I'm thinking of reporting them to BBC watchdog if nothing is done in the next few days.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 03:29 PM
    This is the issue about buying things like this online, what do you do in 6 weeks, if there is a mechancial problem ? Where is their service centers ?

Mar 20, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I needed this scooter so badly for work and didn't think properly.:o

They are actually quite far from London, which is where I live; so basically it might cost more on transport cost than the actual service. :rolleyes:

And they ship to other part of Europe as well... so I don't know how their warranty works.. :confused:
    chinesebike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Hi Guys,

Just reading your expierience online and it sounds really poor service,

The only issue I have is that when my Son purchased a bike from this company he also had some issues with his chinese bike but Marshy's motorcycles went to the end of the earth to solve the problem :confused: (which they couldn't fix it) so they replaced the bike with a new one :) which was done with-in 21 days (bit long to wait I guess) But this seemed pretty fair from as far as I am concerned a genuine company !

So hold out and I'm sure you will get what you ask for,

Richard Smith,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad egg donation experience.do I have a lawsuit? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello and thanks in advance for reading this and advising me. I donated my eggs and developed severe ovarian hyperstimulation symdrome (OHSS). I know this is a potential risk of taking the fertility drugs associated with egg donation but I feel that my situation resulted from negiligence on the...

Recognised Best online Universities for work Experience degree [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Any University which is recognised by Department of Education either regional or State. Offering Life Experience or Work Experience degrees.

Bad experience with Local shop owner [ 5 Answers ]

Placed an order for food item on Saturday to pick up the same on Monday at 2 o clock for which I paid in full money on Saturday itself so that order will be confirmed and it will be ready to pick up. When I arrived there on Monday to pick up the order first thing the order was not ready.2nd thing...

Will I ever forget my bad experience? [ 11 Answers ]

I was attacked at easter and think about it a lot will I ever forget it or stop thinking about it?

View more questions Search