Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sccrpimp101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 06:28 PM
    How to train biceps and triceps with out lifting weights?
    I am trying to work my arms and I don't have weights at home. Is there any good way to work out with out them? Ive been doing pushups every night from 20-30 but it doesn't seem to be getting better..
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Mar 19, 2008, 06:43 PM
    It takes time, but there are ways to see improvement. Some of the best athletes in the world never did anything but lots of pushups and situps... but they did them everyday. Try doing as many pushups as you can in sets. Say you can do 20. After the twenty, wait about five minutes and see if you can do 18 in a second set. The try a third set a while later.

Do this for a month and keep track of how many you do over the period. I'll bet the number you can do will improve.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Here's some:
    *use two chairs and a pole, (one that will support your weight), lie on your back under the bar, grab abr with overhand grip and pull up and then lower, repeat 10-20x
    * Or purchase a doorway bar for great pull ups, inexpensive, easy to install.
    *Flex Arms/chest, flex as hard as you can, hold for a count of 10, (tighten, stiffen, contract), repeat 20X
    *Make two sand buckets, or plastic milk bottles filled with water,( Pick them up walk for 60 seconds if they don't work your forearms, you will feel the "burn") fill them with more sand. Then use for--
    *-- Biceps curls
    One arm bent over, rowing a bucket toward you, 10-20X
    Shrugging the buckets, come up on your toes at the top of each shrug
    kayls Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 06:47 AM
    Try push ups maybe put something heavey you have at home on your back to make it harder and for tri ceps do tricep dips
    striker99 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sccrpimp101 View Post
    I am trying to work my arms and i dont have weights at home. Is there any good way to work out with out them? Ive been doing pushups everynight from 20-30 but it doesnt seem to be getting better..
    Well first of all u can't just wave a stick and hope for a bigger physique.and u need to mix up your workout routines.like doing dips on a bench for your triceps for a while and then go back to the pushups.you need to challenege your muscles and I guarantee u will see a BIG difference.but there's nothing like what weights will give u.
    cole19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 04:32 PM
    DO chin ups they help allot. If you can't lift your weight get someone to help you!
    awesomeguy1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 08:41 PM
    Push downs, I dod them everyday and my tricep is bigger than before
    Push down is like a push up but u face up
    mystery2895 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 03:20 AM
    Hmm, I'm 16years old, just started gym 9days ago, you know that water bottles can act as good dumbbells, especially the metallic ones, try to fill them completely & use them as weights, then you can do a lot of exercises which require dumbbells . Hope I help :)
    jason123456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 04:07 PM
    I suppose you could just do push ups and chin ups. They both really help loads to be honest, however, it is best to do isometrics :) your muscles may not be bigger than other people's,but, yours will surely contain more strength and explosive power in them :D
    loweske Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 10:42 AM
    Exercise isn't the only thing you need to do to grow muscle fast, you also need a healthy diet. Follow these steps and you should see improvement fast!

Healthy Diet
    1. Eat lots of nutritious food.
    2. Substitute soda's (Coca Cola etc.) by water, an average human needs to drink about 4,5 litres of water p/d.
    3. Divide your food into 7 small meals p/d, this will prevent you from feeling hungry.
    4. Don't eat while watching TV, this won't give you a full feeling, and you will snack more.
    5. Eat 2 pieces of fruit everyday.
    6. Watch your calories, find a site (or something else) to calculate how many calories you can have p/d.

Exercises
    1. Do about 30-40 push-ups, rest for a maximum of 45 seconds, and start over.
    2. Do about 30-40 push-downs, rest for a maximum of 45 seconds, and start over.
    3. Find something that is heavy enough for you, and that fits in your hand comfortable. Do 30-40 reps p/d
    4. Burn fat (if necessary) by going jogging or cycling.
    5. Perform pull-ups, do as many as you can.

If you keep doing this you will see fast improvement, not only in your biceps size, but also in your health.
    Also be creative, use bottles filled with stones, pull-up on a tree or something. You'll be surprised how nature can be your gym!
    Hope it helps!
    bokser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 07:54 AM
    i have been doeing the following training for triceps against a wall,and in 3 weeks i saw big results.easy to do.stand with your arms against a wall,bring your elbows in towards your chest,not too much,bent you arms about 45 degrees.most important stand back with your feet,like you want to ly down against the wall.slowly bend forward towards the wall,keep resistance against your arms,slowly forward and back,do 3x 12 for a start.. i promise that you will see results soon... louis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More quick way to gain good biceps/triceps? [ 8 Answers ]

Around 2 months ago I bought a new bench for weights, on top of that I bought the two bars a curl, and a straight and a load of weights. From this I have been working out twice a week concentrating mainly around the arms occasionally the stomach. Over a few months I have seen diffrence but very...

My biceps are strange [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing weights for a while now and my Biceps are beginning to increase into the shape of a circle instead of being even and larger. I can't describe exactly how they look but it is like a bubble. And I think there is a reason for this and if there's a way to prevent it.

How to maintain Good Biceps [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I am worried about my biceps... Even though I lift good weights.. my Biceps and triceps are not growing good enough.. Currently I'm lifting weights up to 12.5 kgs.. Can anyone guide me so that I can maintain good Biceps and triceps.. help me out

Weight lifting [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 59 year old male who has been lifting weights for 40 years. After having hiatal hernia surgery, should I continue to lift heavy weights?

Weight lifting [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if it is OK to do a full body workout three days a week? Also when is the best time to do a workout I usually do it around 4 or 5 pm.

View more questions Search