Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danni2123 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
    I'm suppose to have a misscarriage
    So this is not a happy question but I need it anyway. I was suppose to be 11 weeks pregnant yesterday but on Sunday was taking to the er and found that my baby didn't have a heartbeat. The baby only measured to 7 weeks 4 days. Which I donno doesn't make sense to me. So the doc says you are going to have a miscarriage in the next few days and explains everything to me like this is normal or something. I know I'm starting to have one because I'm bleeding a little bit. How long does it usually take? It just sucks because my baby is still telling me I'm pregnant. Also if I was suppose to be 11 weeks and the baby only measured to 7 weeks 4 days on the ultrasound wouldn't I already had a miscarriage? The doc just made me feel like an idiot. If anyone can help me please I just want some answers:confused:
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 02:44 PM
    I'm so sorry for your situation :(

How do you know you were 11 weeks? Were you trying to get pregnant or is the 11 weeks an estimate given by your doctor? It's also very possible that the baby just stopped growing which is why it's only at the 7 week size.

I don't know personally how long it will take but I would assume not more than a few days. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 19, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Well I had a miscarriage and it hurt so bad I had to go to the ER. They did an ultrasound and asked if I was sure I was pregnant. I told them yes I was three months. Well aparently I was giving birth to it. I was there all day and night long that's how long it took me. And if you started bleeding it shouldn't be to far away. I bled for about 3 week after mine some people only bleed a week. I am very sorry you have to go through this. I know how you feel and if you want to talk just write me. My heart is with you.
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Mar 21, 2008, 02:54 PM
    So sorry you are going through this. I have had 2 miscarriages. I know that for the second one, I bled for about 3-4 days, lightly, before I miscarried. On the day of the miscarriage I had horrible cramps. Like so bad that I couldn't get out of bed. I bled quite a lot. Then after a few hours, it was done. The relief was instant. No more cramps at all. And yes, I bled for a few weeks afterwards...

Once again, I'm so sorry about this. Good luck to you. Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 03:03 PM
    I started miscarrying at 3 months, when they did the ultrasound they said the baby had stopped growing at 10 weeks. The evening after the ultrasound I started bleeding heavily, clots the size of my fist, up to 6 an hour, I thought that this was the baby passing. Nope, I started hemorrhaging and had to be rushed to the ER for an emergency D & C. Watch your bleeding, if it fills a maxi pad every 2 hours then you should go to the hospital.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you, as you can see you are not alone, allot of us have gone through the same thing. I'm sure that your dream of a child will soon be realized, don't be discouraged because of this.

Good Luck.
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

Mar 22, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Sorry for your loss,
    I have lost many babies the furthest along been 24 weeks pregnant,

When I lost a baby that stopped at 8 weeks , I bled for around 2 weeks , the cramps stopped after around 4 days and the sac that surrounded the baby came out then, once the sac was gone their was no more pain just a lot of bleeding, however everybody is different and so can't really give a guideline on how long,

You were suppost to be 11 weeks pregnant but the baby must have experienced problems and unfortunately died at just over 7 weeks, it can take a while for your body to start rejecting the baby which is why you have only just started to bleed

My son that I lost at 24 weeks I was in labour for over 3 and half months with, he was from a twin pregnancy the twin to him was lost at 11-12 weeks , this was I think the reason that made me lose my son, as the sac was still inside me and breaking down, my body went into labour to help deliver the sac, this then ripped the sac that my son was in and I gave birth to his sac a week later and then to him a few hours later that day,

There is hope of other children, I have lost around about 18 babies all twin pregnancies, in some cases I lost both and in 5 other cases just the one baby, I have 5 perfect children, so there is hope of having another baby when it feels right to you

Love and hugs for you and let you know you are not on your own, there is always other people that you can talk to about it if you need to :) it shouldn't have to be this way and I am so sorry for your loss
    Regards
    Katie
    Sunny16 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 04:45 PM
    I know I can not say anything that will help take the pain away. I just had my 2nd miscarriage. The first 1 was at 5 weeks and I started bleeding and passing clots and the Dr told me I was having a miscarriage. I just had my second miscarriage at 8weeks, their was no heart beat on the ultrasound even though their was one at 6 weeks. The baby was estimated to be at just 7 weeks and since I did not have any cramping or bleeding my Dr advised having a D&C since it can take several weeks for your body to start eliminating everything from your body. I chose to have the D&C instead of waiting because I need answers to why I had 2 miscarriages (no children). I also wanted to make sure everything came out because if anything remains in your system (which is not very common) this can cause future miscarriages. My procedure was last week and my body still has some symptoms of being pregnant. I hope everything works out for you and try to live one day at a time.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Hey sunny

I could not have said it better myself, I have had 2 miscarriges in my life, and after the first miscarriage I truly felt that I lost a part of me that was never coming back. This was about 4 years ago and every year I still remember my baby's b-day. These losses will stay with me forever and I cannot begin to express how my heart goes out to every one that posted a message for your loss.

But personally this experience will only make me appreciate my children more once I give birth to them in the future.

lighterrr

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it the misscarriage or me? [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently pregnant and lost the baby at 4 monthes and three weeks. Me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant but I can't ,its not working . Is it because I misscarried or is something wrong with me ?

What am I suppose to do [ 6 Answers ]

This is been going on for a long time. I had my daughter at a young age 16yr old, and my mother and grandmother have raised her the most of the time, but she knows I am her mother; Here lately we been at each others throats, she hates me, she's cutting herself, she doesn't want to live with...

He is suppose to be third party, not me [ 1 Answers ]

I am being with her(W) for 4 and half years, we had gone through many things, we had broken up for 1 time, during the broke up, I had started a relationship with another girl (S). When being up with S , I realised that I still love S. My relationship being with S was gone in half a year. Then, I...

Was it a misscarriage? [ 12 Answers ]

Okay me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for 2 years. I was just talking to my friend about this. I told her that about a year ago I got this really bad cramp in my stomach... like way deep inside. It hurt so bad I couldn't move I had to crawl on the floor to get to the bathroom. I...

Is this what its suppose to feel like [ 37 Answers ]

Hello Three months ago my dad passed away really suddenly. One month ago, my husband left and said he didn't love me anymore. I believed him. I got all the money in order, went to a lawyer and applied for a new mortgage and bought my husband out. I sorted through the whole house, pictures,...

View more questions Search