Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whyohwhy Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Mar 19, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Does a dress make a difference?
    It seems like when I wear a cute little dress and high heels, I get a lot more attention from men. They seem to treat me more like a lady... jump to open the door, etc. than when I am wearing pants w/ a top. Is there something to that? Do men really like women to look super feminine/girly? Is it sexual... fantasy of easy access or whatever? Is it that they get to see a little leg and that is a turn on? :confused:
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 19, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Yes, the nicer you look the more men will notice you and hold open doors for you.. etc. Men like to look at attractive women and wearing a dress or being all done up will get you more attention.
    sasachel Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 07:20 PM
    I know when I wear a dress or heals I get A lot more of attention than I would wearing jeans or sneakers. Some men love women in a sexy little dress with high heels on. And Other men love women with just some jeans, a t-shirt and some nikes on. And men do treat me more lady like when I wear a dress. So being dressed up will get you more attention. Let me ask you. When you go to the mall... Do you notice women who are dressed up or dressed provacatively more rather than a woman wearing pants and shoes? Sure everybody does. Dress to impress right?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Absolutely. Men are visual, they instinctively respond to visual stimulus MUCH more than anything you ever say. Even "I love you" is less stimulating than a beautiful v-neck cocktail dress worn and aimed specifically at some guy.

Remember that when you're trying to motivate men, we're much easier to manipulate when you use the proper tools.

I'm just saying.

Mar 20, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    Remember that when you're trying to motivate men, we're much easier to manipulate when you use the proper tools.
    Thanks... good to know!! I just bought the perfect little dress and spikey pumps! :D

Mar 20, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sasachel
    When you go to the mall.... Do you notice women who are dressed up or dressed provacatively more rather than a woman wearing pants and shoes?? Sure everybody does. Dress to impress right?
    Of course I notice them... but, as a man... would I want a long term relationship with a woman that dresses provacatively? Once I seduce them with my body, how do keep them? (THEM... hahahaha... one will do):o
    Software Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by whyohwhy
    Of course I notice them....but, as a man....would I want a long term relationship with a woman that dresses provacatively? Once I seduce them with my body, how do keep them? (THEM...hahahaha...one will do):o
    It makes me sad when people show how clearly they think that dating someone and HAVING them means you do different things.

If a guy falls for the girl he is dating, why in the world would she want to STOP doing/being those things once he gets her.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Men are respond visually and women respond emotionally.. Enough said. Lol
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 10:41 AM
    However, it's just the same with women...

I'm sure you notice a guy who's clean cut and well groomed and is wearing a suit rather than that bummy guy with shaggy hair and is wearing shirt + shorts with remnants of last night's dinner on it.

Mar 20, 2008, 10:44 AM
    It makes me sad when people show how clearly they think that dating someone and HAVING them means you do different things.

If a guy falls for the girl he is dating, why in the world would she want to STOP doing/being those things once he gets her.

I wouldn't stop dressing cute and sexy even after I had him. I wouldn't change for anyone. Been there done that. But, what would keep him interested? And again... does a guy want to be with the girl that attracts a lot of attention long term or is it just the thrill of the chase and it's over?

Mar 20, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    however, it's just the same with women...

I'm sure you notice a guy who's clean cut and well groomed and is wearing a suit rather than that bummy guy with shaggy hair and is wearing shirt + shorts with remnants of last night's dinner on it.

Hahaha... EWWWW!

Very true... I like a clean cut and well groomed man. But, I don't want to see him with his shirt unbuttoned down to his belly button to show me some skin. OK... I do... but, not out and about at night.

Funny... when I go out, I like to see men covered up and they want to see women half naked.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Actually, I like girls that are more covered up.. I go for the conservative type.
    Software Expert

Mar 20, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by whyohwhy
    But, what would keep him interested?
    If you stay interestng and don't turn into psycho needy jealous chick. I'd like that.
    And again... does a guy want to be with the girl that attracts a lot of attention long term or is it just the thrill of the chase and it's over?
    Guy 1 - just a thrill
    Guy 2 - long term

Your job is to find out if Guy 1 or Guy 2 is your cup of tea and figure out which one you have. Keep the one that matches. It's going to be hard because you'll like them BOTH.

Mar 20, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Nope... not psycho needy jealous chick! I don't have the time or energy for that.

Your job is to find out if Guy 1 or Guy 2 is your cup of tea and figure out which one you have. Keep the one that matches. It's gonna be hard because you'll like them BOTH.
    I will like them BOTH... damn them to hell... ;)

Thanks!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
    I am the opposite of everything I have been reading on this post. If I see a girl who is all dressed up at the mall or anywhere I think to myself why doesn't she just walk around screaming LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME. I respond to a girl wearing a t-shirt and Jeans with no make up on and hair in a pony tail. To me that says I am what I am and I don't need to dress up to get you to notice me.

Also I was raised correctly so I hold doors open for ALL women regardless if they look like they climbed out of a coal mine or just got done doing a modeling shoot.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
    I would want her to remain attractive and attract attention. If she stopped then I would lose interest, or at least be disappointed that I don't get to see her all done up anymore. Some of the best nights I have with my GF are after we go out to a party or wedding and are all dressed up.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Is it a question of carriage? I mean, if a woman in jeans and a t-shirt carries herself with poise and inner-sexiness, why isn't that as sexy to a man as a woman in a haltertop dress with stilettos?

Personally? I love them to wear them both... but my carriage remains the same in either...

A guy is the same in my opinion. You can find some sleezy guys that wouldn't get the time of day from me in an Armani suit, but just around the corner will be a guy in faded jeans and a Star Wars t-shirt that catches my eye...

So, is it about attitude/carriage or is it about looks? For me, its carriage.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 12:18 PM
    I noticed I get different attention from different types of men (and sometimes women) depending how I dress. So depending on the situation and what I want it depends what I wear and how I act.

I think how you act influences how people treat you. I bet you act more feminine in a dress. It's almost impossible to walk asexually in heels (unless you want to fall over). I've noticed if I'm wearing jeans and a T-shirt I can get the same response as wearing a dress if I just work it! Oh dear I've been watching too much america's next top model...

You can do the opposite experiment too, dress up really nice. Then hunch your shoulders, look down and hold defensive, arms crossed body language. Don't smile. You'll get zero attention.

I think this is what people are talking about when they say inner beauty and confidence.
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

Mar 20, 2008, 12:25 PM
    I find I do get more attention when I do dress up, but sometimes being an Engineer and working in this "man territory (still!)" they (the men) assume if I'm all pretty and feminine that must mean I have absolutely no brains!

Mar 20, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by squeaks77
    I find I do get more attention when I do dress up, but sometimes being an Engineer and working in this "man territory (still!)" they (the men) assume if I'm all pretty and feminine that must mean I have absolutely no brains!!
    I know exactly what you mean. I love to get all dressed up and then see the look on a man's face when he finds out that my background is chemistry. I no longer work as a Chemist... but work in Regulatory for a Medical Device company (chemistry is still relevant to my position). Anyway, I have had to prove myself with several people in order to be taken seriously.

Do you know why women make bad Engineer's? [Hold up your pinky] Because all their lives they are told that this is six inches. Hahahaha! That's my favorite Engineer joke.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I balance my breaker box and How much of a difference can it make? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have found this site very helpful. Thanks. My question was that someone brought up that I should balance my breaker box to save on the electric bill. I understand the concept of it but was looking for more information about it. The house has 150 amp service just so everyne knows. ...

How can I make puffball sleeves on my dress? [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE HELP MEE I am making a dress.. it is just a plain straight cream dress but I want 2 add long puff ball sleeves. I want these sleeves to be really dramatic however, once I know how to actually make a puffball sleeve I can work how to make them bigger and more puffier etc...

If I Take Plan B Later Than 12 Hours Will It Make A Difference? [ 2 Answers ]

Like three days ago I had sex but the condom ripped. Luckily the condom was spermicidal but we wanted take action anyway just in case so I got plan B and I took it at 7:30 am but I didn't get the chance to take it agein until around 9:00. Will it make any difference?:confused:

Does age make a difference? [ 31 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 27 year old f hanging out with a 17 year old m. the problem is... I'm confused about the age of consent in PA and what would happen to me? We have not had sex yet, we just hang out, but I love this guy and when we hang out age doesn't seem to matter at all! Everyone that hangs out...

Help! Need dress [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is my scenario. I have all of my bridesmaid dresses and my dress, but I need semi formal dresses for my candlelighters that aren't expensive (Like under $40) They have to have thick straps and be covering everything (couldnt think of the word) Can anybody help me? :( :confused:

View more questions Search