Ask
    spiceytwinkle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 09:26 AM
    President Vs Congress
    Should the president or congress rule the country
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 08:01 PM
    No, and they don't, one does not rule over the other.
    The president can not make a law, only sign ones passed. Pressident can veto laws, but congress can over rule him if a large enough group agrees.
    Using a two or three party system, the idea is, that it is not easy to over rule president unless something is really the will of the people.
    ** well that is suppose to be how it works.

The Supreme Court is the one that worries me, since they often as of late, been "writing law" into their decissions, not merely ruling on the case before them Since they can strike down even the will of the people, they have more of the controlling power.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 07:51 AM
    The people are sovereign. All branches of government exist to serve the people . They were never intended to rule . I think each branch should perform their designated roles as described in the Constitution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Congress vs President [ 8 Answers ]

What would be the advantages and disadvantages to Congress having more power than the President?

The powers of Congress vs the President [ 1 Answers ]

I need a brief summary on the powers of Congress vs the President. Thank you, BLB

President vs. Congress [ 9 Answers ]

Which has more power, The President or Congress? And why? This is urgent by the way!! :] Thanks! <3

From congress to US President [ 3 Answers ]

Who was the last person to go from US congress to US President? Thanks in advance Fred :confused:

President vs. Congress [ 0 Answers ]

Should the President or Congress lead the country? Why? Is it possible to have both lead at the same time? If yes, how? If no, why not?

View more questions Search