Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slc258 Posts: 68, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2008, 08:14 AM
    What is considered old gas
    How old does gas have to be to be considered "old" and should not be used? i.e weeks, months? I have a couple gallons of 87 oct. gas that I have had since mid December, would that be considered old? How would I dispose of it if I had to?
    Thanks
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Probably about 3 months. You can use Stabil in new gas to prolong it's storage life. If this is for a lawn product, then consider using 89 octane.

As long as it shows no decomposition signs, you might be able to use say 0.5 gal of it in a full tank of gas in your vehicle. You can check where waste oil is disposed, otherwise use the Hazardous waste collection sites.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:47 AM
    The small engine reps are now saying fuel is stale at the age of 30 days.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Gas that is over 30 days old is considered old -- If a gas station does not sell

Much gas it could be a month old when you get it -- so use fresh gas and run

It dry or dump it and burn it in your vehicle...
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 10:04 PM
    I have been having problems getting a Ryobi leaf blower to run -- but I found

The magic way to get it running -- Sea Foam is like a carberator cleaner

I put some in a squirt bottle and put a little in the gas tank and a couple squirts

In the carb intake... Really think this is a fantastic product -- TRY IT!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is it considered? [ 5 Answers ]

When I first came here and I said that if a parent took off with a child and even crossed state lines without permission of the other parent then it was kidnapping and everyone here that replied insisted repeatedly that a parent can not kidnap their own child. I need to know if it is not kidnapping...

What is considered abamdonment [ 3 Answers ]

I have two babies, my husband and myself are not getting along at all. We are living in an apartment that is in my mom's name, :confused: if I leave with my children to go live with my mother will that be considered abandoment?

Would this be considered theft? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend of three years and I recently broke up. He gave me a car two summers ago to which I still have with the keys but unfortunately, the title still bears his name. I am currently moving from our once shared home into a new place, he resides else where at this time. If I take this car with...

Is it considered abuse? [ 32 Answers ]

Ok so I'm 13 and my moms on-and-off-again "bf" has been touching me. He is 52 but he has only done it a few times. I'm pretty sure @ least 1 or 2 of the times he was kind of drunk though. He has even done it when I was standing right next to my mom, she didn't even notice. OK so I haven't said no...

Can these be considered in returns [ 4 Answers ]

1)My friends parents came to US to visit him and were here for a month or so. What are the returns he can ask for while filing his tax returns? Can he ask for returns on their travel tickets from home country to US? They also traveled within US. 2) My friend has been supporting his brother ( age...

View more questions Search