Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nmoredrama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 09:34 PM
    automatic keystrokes!
    hi there. I've got perhaps some sort o spyware issue or virus. At random (usually 5 minute intervals) my computer starts automatically typing the letter "f". Had to cut and paste that one because once it starts the only way to stop it is to "backspace" until it clears all the letters its populated. Ater that, the letter doesn't work anymore and the cycle begins again.. .

I've run norton 360, adware, spybot and nothing!!
    Has anyone seen this beore.. .

running widows xp. I've tried unplugging my keyboard (as this is on my laptop).
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Sounds like your keyboard is f-ed up. You may have to take it in to have it cleaned or checked out professionally. It might be dirty or just worn to the point that makes that key stick.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:41 PM
    I would gone with dirty keyboard except it's happening at 5-minute intervals... and unless dirt/dust have evolved into something else, I doubt it can keep time. However, to be on the safe side, blow some compressed air into your keyboard in small bursts to get dust out.

Try to uninstall + reinstall the driver for your keyboard on your laptop. Most likely, it will come on a cd that came with your laptop... if not, you should be able to find it on your manufacturer's website.
    damiensjohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 12:37 PM
    It's funny because this happens to me too. It started right after I had my drive replaced and although it doesn't occur every five minutes and there are days this doesn't happen at all I also fear it might be some kind of virus or spyware. I intend to upgrade my <a href="http://us.trendmicro.com/us/products/personal/internet-security/">internet security</a> and scan my computer once again, I really hope this will work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automatic locks [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to disable the automatic locks in a 2003 nissan frontier? Also I have an anoying coolent smell only coming from the outside of the truck. I've had it to the mechanics and they could not figure it out. Any suggestions?

Automatic Updates MS. [ 4 Answers ]

G'day ; MS. automatic updates will not install, but if I download and install them manually all is OK, is there any help out there?? Using Windows XP SP 2 Trendmicro anti virus plus Spybot search and destroy. Blessings <M>

Automatic to Manual [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possiable to change my automatic 93 honda civic, which is automatic to a manual? And if so is it really hard to do so?

Automatic typing [ 13 Answers ]

When I am typing a message, something/someone types in on my message. It's like a ghost typing! How can I get this to stop. Thanks

Automatic dial up [ 2 Answers ]

I have W2000 56modem. I want my computer to automatically dialup so I can go straight to my programs. I know that you have to uncheck the never dial a connection, but mine will not clear or uncheck. What do I do.

View more questions Search