Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Apr 25, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Pope benedict also clearly states that you don't have to believe in god to go to heaven. Just do good deeds

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith," says Benedict XVI.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    pope benedict also clearly states that you dont have to believe in god to go to heaven. Just do good deeds

"Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith," says Benedict XVI.
    Then he is not teaching bibical truths, and in fact not even teaching catholic teachings, but as a man he can say things that are wrong.
    ** assuming you do have the quote in context
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Apr 25, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Here is my proof, ZENIT - Commentary on Psalm 136(137). And not saying your wrong in any way, and I'm not saying I'm right, I just want to argue the other side. And although you say he is teaching wrong, I'm sorry but he's the next best thing compared to god. And if he says its OK, I'm going with him.
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Quote from link "He sees their service and will show them the other city, toward which they must really long and orient all their effort" ("

So if they do live this good live, God will show them the right city (jersulem) an they must long and oreint their effort, is also a requirement, it sounds like God will see the person doing good and have the truth of God shown to them and give them the chance to turn to him

But no I do not give 10 cents to any mans commits if they go against the dirct word of jesus in the bible. If this was his intent that non christians would be saved, he also did not make this as a infallible statement as Pope and to be honest it sounds more politicaly made than religiously made. Even the Pope has to answer to God, and he as all ministers are held to a higher standard not to teach wrongly.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 09:12 PM
    You have it completely backward, as a Christian I don't have to worry about salvation, because I am saved.
    Then neither us is worried.
    It is those who are not saved that have all the worry.
    It depends on what it is your worried about, I'm busy here and will see what happens on the next level, or not. That not my WORRY!
    And to live life as a sheep moving with no goal, purpose or thought of more to come. But yes this is a human world,
    My business is here, and now. That is my purpose.
    And the Christian is merely a visitor here passing though to get to their home in the world and life to come.
    Hope you get home. (But this is the last time I correct your spelling)
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 09:19 PM
    You are really correcting your own spelling you know, we got reported by a user that we are the same person.

That must be one split person??

I can't hardly see the screen, and the hunt and peck, spelling is the last of my worries ( not a listed sin in the bible *LOL)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 09:28 PM
    I can't hardly see the screen, and the hunt and peck, spelling is the last of my worries ( not a listed sin in the bible *LOL)
    I guess we can have a time out to share a good laugh, LOL!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    Here is my proof, ZENIT - Commentary on Psalm 136(137). And not saying your wrong in any way, and im not saying im right, i just want to argue the other side. And altough you say he is teaching wrong, im sorry but hes the next best thing compared to god. And if he says its ok, im going with him.

I found explaining Catholic beliefs and the Pope was very, very difficult during his visit here. Explaining Saints and statutes and rosary beads is hard enough. I don't think he's the next best thing to God - is that Catholic teaching?

So what was with his red hat and matching shoes?
    scottyv Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Apr 26, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked
    scottyv : Curious, what makes the bible authoritative?

I believe the bible to have arisen from authority, the bible has influence, the bible is excepted by most authorities in the field, should I go on?
    By all means go on... at least until you actually come up with an answer worthy of consideration.

You "believe" the bible to have arisen from authority? You know Hitler "believed" the Jews were responsible for the downfall of Germany. Hitler also arose from authority.

The bible has influence? Hitler had influence.

The bible is accepted by most authorities in the field? Hitler was accepted by practically every authority including the church.

Ergo the bible and Hitler are authoritative.

See what I mean about problematic? Just because something is authoritative doesn't make it good for humanity. Let me know if you come up with something worth considering.

Peace,

Scotty
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 01:35 PM
    I thought red was in this season,

But actually remember Saints and icons and statues and prayer beads is not a just a Catholic thing, in fact it is more Christian over all than not. Since the majority of Christians over all believe and practice them.

The Anglican churches, Orthodox Churches, Catholic Churches all use them in one form or another, and several other denominations such as Lutheran had saits in their basic teachings.

Not all to the same levels but they do all have them.

So in fact it is not merely catholic but those beleifs include the Catholic,and Orthodox and some protestant churches. The catholic just gets more press on it.

As to the "red" Papal shoes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    All Bishops, most monks and some priests all wear the similar head covering ( I wear one myself) the color shows the rank or position

Apr 26, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Come on Tali, that makes too much sense, you are going to confuse people! :]

Apr 26, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    And that is just the beginning!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I thought red was in this season,

But actually remember Saints and icons and statues and prayer beads is not a just a Catholic thing, in fact it is more Christian over all than not. Since the majority of Christians over all beleive and practice them.

The Anglican churches, Orthodox Churches, Catholic Churches all use them in one form or another, and several other denominations such as Lutheran had saits in their basic teachings.

Not all to the same levels but they do all have them.

So in fact it is not merley catholic but those beleifs include the Catholic,and Orthodox and some protestant churches. The cathlic just gets more press on it.

As to the "red" Papal shoes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    All Bishops, most monks and some priests all wear the simular head covering ( I wear one myself) the color shows the rank or position

I understand the hat - it was the shoes that I couldn't figure out.

And you are right - red is in fashion this season.

Apr 26, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Smoked,

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked
    Ok this is kind of low NK..I also have no problem with gay people. Just stating the facts. Does that mean that Christians hate gays? No..and that is a very bad misrepresentation of what was said. People, ALL PEOPLE are sinners...Don't paint this topic as a "Christians hate gays". The questions was valid and the valid resource on the topic is the bible. Bottom line.

By the way, Christians, myself, and anyone I know don't hate a person for being gay. On the contrary, I pray for everyone's salvation. Even yours.
    Ummm... lets not go off the deep end here Smoked.
    NeedKarma wrote: "No thank you, I have no problem with gay people."

That is a far cry from Christians hating gays, those were your words not NK's.

Christians hating gays is not a bad misrepresentation it is a fact!

I don't know anyone who hates people that are gay either but I wouldn't hang with people that did. Yet I have a television, a radio and a computer and have seen with my own eyes religious hatred. Whether it be so called Christians holding signs stating that God hates Gays. Religious people who have attacked the rights of people based on sexual preference, Clinic bombings, political alienation, I could go on... Whether you like it or not that is part of your tradition, and you come off like you are defending that tradition.

You don't hate a person for being gay, but you find it perfectly acceptable to presume we are all sinners because a book written over 2000 years age says that we are.

Hmmmn, sounds reasonable.
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 02:00 PM
    But really no, Christians don't hate a single gay person ( not even a married bay person ** joke) This is normally the cry of the gay people when they do not like the teachings of Christianity, Jewish faith and that of the Quran, They want to cry discrimination or hate when it is far from the truth. Most may feel sorry for them, they may get a sickening feeling over their sexual activities. But they would pray for them and for their conversions and for them to turn from their sin.
    They normally feel the same way for those in all sexual sins, adultry, those shacking up and more.

So no christians do not hate gay, the majority of that comes from the gays who wish to push their view points on christianity and force some acceptance of their beleifs on society.

Apr 26, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    This is normally the cry of the gay people when they do not like the teachings of Christianity, Jewish faith and that of the Quran, They want to cry discrimination or hate when it is far from the truth.

So no christians do not hate gay, the majority of that comes from the gays who wish to push thier view points on christianity and force some acceptance of thier beleifs on society.
    Really? I mean really? That is their human right you know. To disagree with a teaching that conflicts with their human intuition.

You don't think it is discriminatory that the religious have told people how they have to live in order to be accepted by God and have created institutions and polity that infringe on human rights as a problem worth crying over?

\**** edited*****

The Muslims just surpassed you as the largest religious affiliation just 7 years after millitant Muslims attacked the US what does that tell you?

Y'all got some work to do,

Scotty
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 05:16 PM
    It tells me that they have a better recruitment, first if you don't believe you can be killed, if you try to convert you will be killed, So yes, I guess Christians could do a recruitment like that but personal choice is really better.

And sorry if someone does not want to live a moral christian life, they have a choice not to. And sorry pervert sexual acts is not a human right, it is merely a strange sexual act that needed to stay illegal, but it is not a "right" by any meaning of that word.

Apr 26, 2008, 05:38 PM
    So is it your personal or your religious position that homosexuality is a perverted sexual act?

I know gay Catholic priests that would disagree with your views.

If you think that people do not have the human right to seek relationship in the manner in which their humanity and intuition lead them as a human right I would suggest you re-think your concept, it is one of the base foundations.

Gee I have no idea why people are getting upset with religion.

~S.
    Expert

Apr 26, 2008, 05:46 PM
    No it is societies belief, and it is a christian belief. Gay priests should not be priests unless they take their vows and do not have sex.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 27, 2008, 01:53 AM
    Well done scottyv.

Comments like this are NOT welcome on AMHD.

This thread is now CLOSED and any similar ones will also be closed on sight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

My family thinks that being gay is wrong and I'm gay! [ 5 Answers ]

K well I'm gay and my family thinks that being gay is wrong.They want me to get married to someone who is also portuguese or french and start a family.I told my auntie and she was fine with it but she was worried something was going to happen to me.I want to tell my grandma who I absoulutly love...

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

View more questions Search