Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tical00 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 08:02 PM
    I'm back after 3 months and have bad news
    Well guys,
    I started at this site back in January pouring my heart out about how my girlfriend broke up with me back in December of 2007. I got some great replies which really helped me out. Anyway, since then I've been keeping my mind bz, hitting the gym does the trick. Plus I quit smoking, eating right, eating healthy, eating every 2 hours!! Eating every 2 hours really helps as well, keeps me thinking about my next meal. So I've been doing this routine ever since the breakup and it was going well. I also would go out occasionally with friends and family, get drunk, have fun. Don't get me wrong, I would still think ab the Ex but it would go away and it wasn't as bad as it was in December/January, just like I would think ab smoking a cig, but I would only feen for a few seconds and that's how I looked at it with both my ex and cigs. I thought I was doing good but then today I ran across a pic of my ex and her new man on myspace and then... sorrow... this HUGE WAVE just hit me!! It felt like I went back in time back in January and that was the worst time of my life EVER!! Its like this hole in your heart and it won't go away. What really pisses and annoys me is that I thought I was getting over her and I just realized today, I'm not!! Very frustrating...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Oh sweetie, it's hard to break up, and it's only been a few months. It sounds like you really loved this girl, but obviously she doesn't love you. I know what it's like, you think that you're finally getting over something and then you run across something that reminds you and the pain starts all over again.

This may feel like a set back, and you may feel like your starting back at square one, but you aren't. Just keep doing what you've been doing, don't stop, you were on the right track and this is just a minor stumble. Get up, brush yourself off and keep on going.

Good luck!
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Mar 18, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Hang in there, it will get better. You have been doing the right thing taking care of yourself, keep it up, it is good for you. Best of luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Like every storm, no matter how bad, they pass, and then the sun comes out, and all is well in the world. You may have been caught off guard, and had some old feelings erupt, but not to worry, it will be better tomorrow. Normal reaction, but you will recover quickly.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Tical00, I was where you are about a month or two ago. It will get better. Like altenweg says, you're not back to square one... it's just a minor setback.

Keep your head up. Best wishes.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Mar 18, 2008, 08:24 PM
    I know exactly how you feel. That's happened to me a couple times but believe me, wait a day. It'll get easier and easier and it will make you stronger.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 08:40 PM
    Tical
    Like the others have said it is just a minor hiccup , you will be fine. And don't look at MySpace!

The old MySpace/Facebook virus strikes again.
    Tical00 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Thanks everyone...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tical00
    Thanks everyone...
    That's what we're here for. Take care Dear, one day at a time.
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Mar 18, 2008, 09:14 PM
    You've been doing so good keeping busy, that it all just caught up to you... you'll feel better in a bit. Stay off her myspace! I've been sooo tempted lately to check my ex's Facebook, mostly just because I'm curious as to what she's up too... but she too has a new man and I know it will only cause more pain... I hate facebook/myspace.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Yeah. Fbook + myspace... are the devil.

I'm not a regular fbook or myspace visitor... I MIGHT check my fbook once... every lunar eclipse.

I do know that my ex and her new guy posted their spring break pictures... but no thanks. It'll do more harm than good... although the harm may not be so bad.
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Mar 18, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    although the harm may not be so bad.
    I try to think that way too, but then I think that maybe I'm trying to fool myself into checking it... best to leave it be, I'm better than anyone anyway.
    justanother Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Same here, I know the minute I look at her myspace, all hell will break loose and I'm not trying to do that to me. Better off fighting the urge to look to be happier the rest of the day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The BAD news [ 5 Answers ]

A friend of mine is an accountant and has been doing my taxes for the last 3 years. Not until recently was I informed by him that he never filed my 05 taxes and lost all the documents. I being an idiot never thought about it after not receiving anything. I was told by him that I didn't get anything...

Is he bad news and should I cut ties? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been seeing this man for 2 months. He has come to my place, gone out a few times,he calls me 1-3 times per day. He works a lot and I work weekends which doesn't bother him. We are both 48,divorced for 2-3 years.(I am a nurse, he a cop) I am looking for a relationship down the road and not...

More bad climate change news [ 1 Answers ]

Dead trees spewing greenhouse gases Darn that Bush. Better get out there and plant those trees, or is that bad for wildfires? How does something "slowly" spew anyway? That ain't all the bad news...

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

Bad news [ 5 Answers ]

Can you poop out tapeworm?

View more questions Search