Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexy lee lee Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Monobenzone powder
    Hey guys I would like to know what does 99% Min monobenzone powder means, as far as strength goes. Does it mean that is the maximum strength. Does anyone know as well the proper way to mix the monobenzone powder. Since it cheaper to purchase it in that form. Thanks guys.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 18, 2008, 08:20 PM
    99% mono basically means the powder contains 99% of mono and 1% of something less toxic as emulsifiers or something. For example if you put 100g of this stuff in a jar, 99g is pure mono and 1g will be some other powder.

If you're going to mix it in a lotion and want to use 20% mono; for each part of mono, you should add 4 parts of lotion. The result for 20% mono should be 80% lotion and 20% mono to make up the 100%.

Hope I didn't confuse you, lol:p

PS: mono should be used with caution.

Mar 18, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff
    99% mono basically means the the powder contains 99% of mono and 1% of something less toxic as emulsifiers or something. For example if you put 100g of this stuff in a jar, 99g is pure mono and 1g will be some other powder.

If you're gonna mix it in a lotion and want to use 20% mono; for each part of mono, you should add 4 parts of lotion. The end result for 20% mono should be 80% lotion and 20% mono to make up the 100%.

Hope I didn't confuse you, lol:p

PS: mono should be used with caution.
    Hey, thanks for the information. When you say I should use one part of mono to four parts of lotion can you give me the exact terms as far as OZs. Thank you.

Mar 18, 2008, 09:19 PM
    There isn't an exact term unless you tell me how much lotion you want to make altogether. Are you going to make 20% mono cream or less? The 1:4 above is for 20% mono cream/lotion.

If you wish to make 10% mono cream/lotion, then it'll be 1:9.

Basically, you should go about it like this:

Finished product = 100%

Mono= M %( where M is the % mono you want, up to 20%)

Lotion/cream= (100-M) %

So decide how much cream/lotion you want to make in OZ; let's say you want to make B oz;

Then your mono should be (M/100 X B) oz

And you lotion/cream is the difference between the two in oz.

I hope you understand...
    SunshineNY Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2008, 04:37 AM
    It would be great if someone would just write a recipe or we write a few recipes until we come up with one that works... I will work on mine.
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Mar 19, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Where can you purchase mono powder

I'm afraid to try and purchase from anil since people are saying they can't get theirs becase of customs :(

Mar 19, 2008, 05:36 PM
    I saw a someone on this forum that said they purchased theirs with great success from monobenzone.com for the powder and for the cream you can get it at degip.com. Good luck, I am going to purchase mines this weekend God's willing.

Mar 20, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Hey its lee lee again, I've been thinking a lot about whether I should buy the mono powder. You see I've been hearing about Benzylarbutin and think it would be safer for me to use only problem, don't know where the heck to give it. I've tried herbalinn.com but their website is no longer up tried every search engine with no luck. Can someone please help me out on where to purchase Benzylarbutin. Thanks.

Hey Gr8stuff if I wanted to mix mono at 5% or 10% , enough to last about 3-6months for skin lightening would you know then how many GMs or OZs Thanks. Figure keep all my options open.

Mar 20, 2008, 08:46 PM
    I've no idea how much you're going to need since I don't know how much you'll be applying daily. You can use the above calculation.

I personally don't think it's a good idea to make 3 - 6 months of lotions. Since you'll be mixing it yourself in a non-sterile environment, I suggest you make only small amounts at a time; to last a maximum of 1 month to avoid contamination. Also, try to use a lotion/cream without any other active ingredients (especially acids). Check my thread on tips to mix your own lightening cream.;)

If you need any help while mixing your cream/lotion, just post here and I'll be happy to help.
    applebeee Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2008, 11:00 PM
    This 3% mono is making my face red and my hand is darker than ever. Now what I'm do do. I have to to data entry next week and everyone is going to focusing on my nasty black hands ugh! They are going to know I did something and ask me all kind of questions and crap.

I hate the way my hands look now.

Do you think it word be odd if I work a Michele jackson glove all day at work?

I had to lighten the subject up because it mad me laugh a little before I go crazy

I just don't know. I wonder what the 20% is going to do? Make the skin fall off?

I swear to you my hands look like a alligator's skin but only mine are black
    Brown skin Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by applebeee
    This 3% mono is making my face red and my hand is darker than ever. Now what I'm do do. I have to to data entry next week and everyone is going to focusing on my nasty black hands ugh! They are going to know I did something and ask me all kind of questions and crap.

I hate the way my hands look now.

Do you think it word be odd if I work a Michele jackson glove all day at work?

I had to lighten the subject up because it mad me laugh a little before I go crazy

I just don't know. I wonder what the 20% is going to do? Make the skin fall off?

I swear to you my hands look like a alligator's skin but only mine are black
    Is this true!!
    You just started using mono and this is happening already:eek:
    What ideas do you have now
    mellowkat Posts: 78, Reputation: 0
    -

Mar 22, 2008, 06:47 PM
    The mono is supposed to make you dark at first and then it peels off to the lighter color

Is what I heard
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 22, 2008, 06:50 PM
    The area that gets darker, will be the area to depig faster

Mar 22, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Doesn't make since to me that you have to get darker first. That's not the case with hydroquinone. I get very light when my nigerian friend mixes my creams for me. She buys the hydroquinone powder. I just want something more permenantl and something that will work fast

Funny, The people on here who's applying mono on their skin notes that they are seeing lighter results. I've never ever heard anyone said they were getting darker. I know they probably wouldn't continue with it.

For now I'm giving my skin a break. My almond glow came in the mail today and I'm going to be ordering 20% monobenzone/benoquin cream within the next week.

Mar 22, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Applebee, since you're seeing some weird result with mono 3%, why do you want to risk it with 20%? :confused:
    gloomy123 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Because she wants disaster

Mar 25, 2008, 09:17 AM
    I've no idea how much you're gonna need since I dunno how much you'll be applying daily. You can use the above calculation.

I personally don't think it's a good idea to make 3 - 6 months of lotions. Since you'll be mixing it yourself in a non-sterile environment, I suggest you make only small amounts at a time; to last a maximum of 1 month to avoid contamination. Also, try to use a lotion/cream without any other active ingredients (especially acids). Check my thread on tips to mix your own lightening cream.;)

If you need any help while mixing your cream/lotion, just post here and I'll be happy to help.
    Thanks a lot, I have decieded to mix the mono cream20%. I paid very close att when you said not to mix it with anything having active ingredients. Another thing I will take your advice when mixing large amounts, I am only going to mix a supply for 1 month.

Also I want to use twice a day to get gradually lighter don't want to be depig, then I could maintain it. Please help me out with the mixture, since I'm a bit more intell, please tell me percise amounts in OZs for 5% and 10%. Thanks :)

Mar 25, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Obviously the 3%mono cream I purchased from eBay was not real mono cream. I believe it's something they put together and stuck the creams in a tube because mono is not suppose to darken your skin the way it did to me. Also the tube is written in chinese. Who's know's what is could be! The color of the mono cream is white and it's suppose to be off white. When I email the eBay seller to ask them to tell me the instructions on the tube and paper. I never heard back from them.

I'm going t o buy the real 20% mono cream.

Not looking for disaster as gloomy123 mention. What an gloomy is all of the sudden. I haven't said not one mean thing to gloomy123 until now

Not here to fight because we are all looking for the same thing. Don't judge people GLOOMY123

Applebee, since you're seeing some weird result with mono 3%, why do you wanna risk it with 20%??:confused:

Mar 25, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Ebay sellers can't be trusted with these stuff. Anyway, if you paid by paypal, maybe you should try and get your money back cause it's obviously not what you paid for and the seller is not helping either... :rolleyes:

Mar 25, 2008, 02:48 PM
    That's true. Maybe I can save someone else from wasting there money and messing up there skin. Now I have to give my hands a change to get back to normal before I apply the real mono cream.

There's some really nice helpful people on here and I appreciate that!

Ebay sellers can't be trusted with these stuff. Anyway, if you paid by paypal, maybe you should try and get your money back cause it's obviously not what you paid for and the seller is not helping either...:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Monobenzone cream/powder [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I live in the UK, does anyone know where I can get this powder from? It seems to be almost impossible to find Any information would be great. Thanks, Jojo

Slimquick powder? [ 10 Answers ]

So it's only my second day doing the slimquick diet for women , it's the one that comes in little packets to add into your water bottle and you of course have to count your calories and exercise as well I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and if it worked out for you? I want to...

Chili powder [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one please help me find the history of chili powder I'm supposed to right a paper for culinary and I'm having a hard time find important info on chili powder if you can help me id really really really appreciate it

View more questions Search