Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geelaj1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 06:57 PM
    No w-2
    I have been a work what ever job I could for cash or a place to live this past year,do I have to file a tax return,if so how do I do so?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 07:03 PM
    If you earned over the mim amount you should be fliing, and I know of many people who live in shelters or use addresses of others for filing.
    If you are working for cash, I would assume they were paying you somewhat illegaly ( under the table) or were you being paid as a contractor?
    geelaj1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    If you earned over the mim amount you should be fliing, and I know of many people who live in shelters or use addresses of others for filing.
    If you are working for cash, I would assume they were paying you somewhat illegaly ( under the table) or were you being paid as a contractor?

Under the table... now what?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Well it is my understanding that you will not get the new government bonus check if you don't file, so you estimate your income, and file.
    If you made very little there should be little to no tax due,
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Mar 19, 2008, 10:03 AM
    He would still owe self employed social security and medicare taxes. No way around that. For instance, if he claimed $3500 in self employed income, he would still owe about $485 or 495 in social security and medicare taxes. BUT he would be eligible for the rebate of $300 this spring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search