Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichaelPozun Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Phone calls and friends
    So I bumped into an old "friend" of mine at the library the other day after not seeing him for a couple years. I put friend in parentheses because he was basically somebody I talked to every now and then and helped out, but never really considered a friend. When I met up with him he was all buddy, buddy with me and acted like I was his best friend. We exchanged numbers but I didn't think much of it.

Lately, I've been busy as hell with school and work and this guy has been bugging me non-stop about hanging out. I just can't do it and I usually can't call him because of it. Like he asked me to call last night so we could chill, but I came home and passed out on my bed and never called. Now I'm in school and working again all day today so I probably won't call him again today. He seems to not mind, but do you think he really does care that I'm not calling him? It's not like I blow him off either... I have legit excuses and we usually hang out on the weekends. He just calls too much for nothing to be honest.
    MichaelPozun Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Opinions?
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Mar 18, 2008, 07:56 PM
    I wouldn't really think much about it. Tell him you are just really busy, and YOU WILL CALL HIM. If he doesn't get the picture, he is SLOW. I don't think he really cares much, he will probably stop calling you soon enough.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Poor lonely guy, doesn't have any friends, so he picked you. Be honest and show some empathy, but if he gets to pushy, let him know.
    yeye82 Posts: 33, Reputation: 5

Mar 18, 2008, 10:43 PM
    This is very tricky. I'd just keep it this way if you really don't like to hang out with him because he doesn't seems to get the message. Not unless you are genuinely like to be his friends and not at all mind having him around you ALL the time... he will, trust me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Harassing phone calls. [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I have been receiving harassing phone calls from the law offices of sam streeter, 713-435-4100.. ( I looked up the number) saying they were the law offices of richard clarke. This group of people apparently buy people's debt, then jack up the prices and harass them/other people until...

Cell phone calls [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know, how can I trace or stop " private" incoming calls on my cell Thank you

Unwanted Phone Calls [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: Do anyone know of any way or any device that can be purchased that will block incoming phone calls that you do not want. Everyday, We receive approx 15 - 20 telemarketer phone calls. That's a lot of calls not including the legitimate calls. I have submitted our phone number to the "do...

Phone Calls [ 3 Answers ]

:( my husband and I have known the other for a year this past may '07, but we got married feb '07. I found numbers in his wallet and found out he had been calling these two women. He works hard and takes care of our family and I know he loves the hell out of me. We have a very good sex life and...

Unwated phone calls [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have been getting some harassing phone calls from my boyfriend's ex I called told her stop calling is there a way to stop this without changing my number? I was going to call the police but now her daughter is harassing me too. Any suggestions please ? Phone help4

View more questions Search