Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DUTCHESS103 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Am I too old to start?
    My passion in life is latin dance and I always wanted to become a professional dancer, but I let time go and now I'm 27. Do you think its too late to really get into dance?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:26 PM
    When I was about 28, I took jazz dance lessons. Dancing in that style would have worked, had I continued with the lessons. It just took a little more doing to get limbered up at that time then when I was in my teens.

If that is a dream that you have that you want to fulfill, then I'd say, "Go for it!"
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:27 PM
    No way. My boss (currently 38, married, and has 2 kids) takes salsa lessons and goes out to salsa clubs every Friday to dance.

... I am a 22 year old college student and she goes out more than I do. It's sad, really.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DUTCHESS103
    my passion in life is latin dance and i always wanted to become a professional dancer, but i let time go and now im 27. do you think its too late to really get into dance?
    I thought the punchline was going to be that you are in your 70s and aren't sure how much your body can handle any more. Twenty-seven? Twenty-SEVEN?? Good grief! You're still a child!! Go for it!!
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2008, 08:27 PM
    You are definitely going to regret not taking it so I say follow your dream.
    angela103 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 09:39 PM
    I know I thought it was funny while I was typing it! I thought, these people are going to think I'm 88 with a cane. Lol.
    smasayo Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 11:54 AM
    I used to be a dance teacher and one thing you learn is part of dance technique and what not I swear you are born with. Some people are born to dance it comes naturally. And others not so much. You learn very quickly if you were born to dance or should I say your body was born to dance.
    But also the other thing you must have is the drive. You seem like you have that and I don't think it is ever ever too late to learn. Even if you did have a cane! Yes, it will be more difficult and it might take longer than you think to get where you want but I say do it too!
    emmahogg Posts: 98, Reputation: 4

Apr 1, 2008, 01:22 PM
    My bfs mum is 48 and she goes to ceroq classes every tues and thurs and competes and as far as I'm aware of she only started at the begginning of her 40's its never too late!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I start looking for grants to start up construction business in Mn. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello,I am John and I would appreciate any help I could get on finding some grants or low interest loans for starting a concrete contracting business.I have searched some sites but most want money for a kit.My credit is not very good and I am just trying to start a small construction business.I am...

Where Do I start? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm Finally going to lose the weight I'm 19 Years old and newly engaged! I couldn't be any happier in my life. I am working in the childcare field, My fiancé is amazing. Ive moved into my own place! The only thing I'm not happy about is my weight! Ive always had a reason to stay on the couch......

Where do I start? [ 4 Answers ]

I decided to take an acting class to help me understand better to do the basic directing class, only to discover that when it came down to it, I don't know where to start in acting, I have to work with my partner to do a one act play where I play a giddy wise undine, but I do not know where to...

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

View more questions Search