Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SabrinaKlassen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Young Cat Vomiting
    I have a 7 month old kitten that has been having these vomiting spells at least once a week. She will meow really loudly two or three times and then she will start heaving. Shortly after that she will throw up about 3 times and then run off and play or eat. I haven't noticed any hair or anything in it, it is usually the same color as her food and occasionally has a little food in it. She does this even at 2 and 3 in the morning. Do you have any advice?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Perhaps you should talk to your vet about a different diet?
    joeoconnell2008 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2008, 12:23 AM
    I think that happened one of my kittens. But it eventually went away.
    But u shoud bring the kitten to the vet in case its something serious.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Also, has the cat had all its vaccinations?
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Mar 19, 2008, 08:28 PM
    If the food is undigested it is most likey a hairball.If it is yellow or looks digested it could be a problem.This time of year animals shed their winter coats,and cats groom excessively,which results in hairballs.You can buy a small bag of science diet hairball formula and mix it with her current food,and see if she does any better.The shape of the food help push the hair out that is blocking her wind pipe.Yellow is bile and may mean she has a problem with her stomach,like pancreatitis or an allergy to the food she is eating.I have seen hairballs as long as a human hand come out of a cat,and food will not pass if this is lodged in the throat.Laxatone is another option to possibly solving her discomfort.Good luck,and let us know what happens.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 10:59 PM
    The hair may not look like hair. It looks more like, um, poop. :-) Though maybe a different color. (I have a black cat, so that's seriously what it looks like.) But it binds together pretty good and you don't necessarily notice that it's fur.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Mar 21, 2008, 04:01 AM
    And many times when a cat is trying to extract a hairball the food and sometimes even the hairball will fly out of the cat's mouth like projectile.It comes out usually with great force like a person that is given the hylik maneuver when they are choking on food.I have found them lying on the porch with a small puddle of liquid the color of cat food.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat keeps vomiting [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has been vomiting for the past 24 hours.. Especially when she eats. She has been on the same type of cat food for years. What should I do.

My cat is vomiting [ 5 Answers ]

My 8 year old cat started vomiting hairballs on Wed and Thursday. He would eat a little white meat tuna, but then throw it up too. He wasn't eating his dry food at all. I took him to the vet on Friday and his blood tests came back fine and he doesn't have a fever. They gave him fluids Friday...

Cat vomiting [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old male farm cat that lives strickly indoors. I also have 2 other cats that live indoors as well. I would from time to time find a small amount of vomited food in the house. Over the last 2 months he has become very regular with vomiting, but it started as food, went to a...

My cat keeps vomiting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I have a 14 year old female cat and she started vomiting yesterday afternoon,we thought it maybe a furball,but she has not vomited a hairball,she has been wretching and now has a sore throat and keeps gulping,she is hungry but when I give her food she vomits it straight back up and cannot keep...

My cat keeps vomiting [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there Please could someone help,I have an 8 yr old black cat who has been vomiting since Sunday evening at least 4-5 times a day.I usually give her tinned meat with a few dried biscuits on top for her meals.on Sunday I gave her a saucer full of dried biscuits as a treat.later that...

View more questions Search