Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Will this be OK for recliner
    I bought a massage recliner chair and the voltage is 120. I was told I needed to use a surge protector with it. I bought one but not sure about it.

I bought one that has 5 outlets and plugs flat into the wall & plugged it behind the sofa. It was the smallest I could find. It says Surge Suppressor" 125Volts 15amps 1875 watts.

I also needed an extension chord with it & I am using an extension chord with it because I can run the extension under and along the carpet rather than having a long strip plug sitting out in my livingroom (the chair is not in a corner.

The extension is a 3prong & says "Major appliance cord" 15 amp 125 volts.

So does it seem like I will be OK with this for the chair? Once I plug the chair in (will be delivered tomorrow) can I also plug a table lamp, or 2 lamps into one of outlets or not? Do I have enough to cover them & the chair or just the chair? Or did I even buy the right thing for the chair?

Thanks I know nothing about this stuff.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Depends on what the chair draws. How many watts is it?

It is NEVER OK to run extension cords under rugs or carpet. This is how houses get burned down!
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 10:50 AM
    OK.. I took the extension from under the carpet and just leaving it to run along the wall thanks for that advice.

The chair has 2 things to plug in.
    One is the transformer for the reclining and lifting.
    I plugged this directly into the Surge Suppressor" ehich is 125Volts 15amps 1875 watts.
    The transformer reads:
    INPUT 120V 50/60 HX50w
    OUTPUT 27V 1.2A
    ac/dc 2 9V batteries

The other is the remote control and massage/heat control. I plugged this into the extension cord because it was not long enouh to reach the wall . The extension I used says "Major appliance cord" 15 amp 125 volts. The extension is plugged into the same Surge Supressor as the transformer.

The remote control one reads:
    Class 2 Power Supply
    INPUT 120vac 60hZ 46w
    OUTPUT 12VAC 3000MA

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Repair: Cat Scratches on Leather Recliner [ 7 Answers ]

I have known that cats and leather furniture have never been a good combination. So for the length of my ownership of my leather recliner, I have had it covered with an old heavy comforter to protect it when not in use. In the two years that I've had it, I haven't had a problem, but a few days...

Cleaning a leather recliner [ 6 Answers ]

What would be a good product for cleaning just regular dirt on a leather recliner could you use a cleaner you would have in your house thank you kay5

Cat Scratches on Recliner [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to remove these claw scratches from the seat & arms of my recliner? What are your best suggestions? Thanks!

View more questions Search