Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raquelm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Make up artist for the deceased
    How can I get started in a career as a makeup artist for the dead?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Start with phoning your nearest funeral home, tell them what you would like to do and ask some questions. Maybe they can refer you to a course for this type of make up work.
    JENNSAMORA Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 06:24 PM

Hi raquelm...
    Most of the time funeral homes use the training of the funeral director/embalmer. We don't hire from the outside simply because eits not cost effective... When I went through my schooling for Mortuary Science, in order to get my degree and license, part of my studies were the study of restorative art and color, and facial structure and measurements... You may luck out and find a mortuary who would hire you to assist in the prepping room but I guarantee they will have ypou doing other things, like mopping, janitorial, transporting bodies, running documents when there are no bodies to makeup... Not everyone who goes through a mortuary is viewed publicly or embalmed so you may not be able to do hair and makeup for many days at a time...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Make up artist for the dead [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know what I need to be able to do make up for the dead

Work as a Make-up Artist for the Dead [ 3 Answers ]

;) Please if anyone know how would I get started in working with fixing up the people that have pass on. I have this experience and I would like to continue helping others.

Deceased with no will [ 3 Answers ]

My friend died outside of United States and the death certificate was issued by other country. He had no will but the beneficiary is his mother. The family claimed the health care expenses from health insurance company and they received the check in the name of deceased. How can the mother get that...

Deceased account [ 11 Answers ]

Hi My parents recently passed away and I had to close there credit card from bank of america and the outstanding balance I owe since they did not have the credit card insurance. My parents also had this card connected to there overdraft protection on the checking account for which I kept but had...

View more questions Search