Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Okay, this is how old I am.

I remember when cigarettes cost $3.00 for a pack of 25, movies cost $1.50 at the theatre, and gas was 30 cents a litre (sorry, I'm Canadian, we work in litres).

Yup, I'm old. Sigh.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 11:21 AM
    No you are not... you are mature! (Maturing)you got a long long way to go...
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Aw, thanks Starty, you are just the sweetest!

My three bunnies are preparing for Sunday, at least my daughter thinks so. She just told me that the Easter Bunny doesn't have to come to our house, we already have three Easter Bunnies!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Your as old as you feel ben tells me he feels 31 frequently ;)

Right now I feel about 10 but I think that's the wine giggle

Is this a good place to admit that from the moment I saw ben I knew he would be mine poor sod didn't really stand a chance tee hee
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 11:36 AM
    No kidding, we are with you Bed, you poor sod!
    LOL
    CBW, he is a lucky man to be able to have a lovely wife with two wonderful children..
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Aw, that's nice. And I think he should consider himself lucky to have a wonderful wife like you.

Did you say wine? Oooh, that sounds good. Too early to have a glass were I am, but I'll keep it in mind for later.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Hehehehehe this isn't any wine ;) trust me its heavy stuff I'm feeling rather warm from the after glow :D

I don't know about wonderful a bit insane and a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic but hell who isn't these days
    Pets Expert

Mar 21, 2008, 11:45 AM
    It's baby brain, we've all been there. They say that your mind goes a bit blank after the birth of a child. They also say that it doesn't last forever. I'll let you know when I get mine back, hasn't happened yet.:D

Well, I've got to go do the Easter shopping. Take care all, and stay out of trouble.:)
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 12:01 PM
    I watched I Am Legend last night and got scared... LOL
    It was a good movie but holy cow scary... which reminds me being about 7 or 8 and my dad thought it would be a good idea to make some cup cakes and watch "Carrie", we all were downstairs in the basement and I thought I could handle it...
    Nope, not me, I sat through it not wanting my sister or brothers to know that I couldn't take it but I just don't think I was ever the same after that. I didn't even want to go to high school after I saw that movie. Poor me, I was ruined!
    I used the bathroom as an excuse to run upstairs trailing cupcake crumbs all the way there... I still want to watch that movie again, but it still frightens me to death!
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 12:37 PM
    In reading your confessions I was reminded of a few of my stupid little embarrassing moments.

The first ones I remembered involved driving my car. I once dropped someone off at the front door of their dorm at Toledo University. It was up a big hill, and was dark... as I was leaving, I reallized that I had driven on the side walk... I honestly had not been drinking... I was just from the country and was used to narrow roads... I wondered why all those idiots were walking in the middle of the street at night!! I asked why my friend hadn't said something, and they just laughed saying they didn't want to walk. Well, it was a bit more embarrassing going back down the hill.

Now another incident when I was on my way to go drinking many years ago just before Christmas, I drove right through an intersection with a flashing red stoplight. I totally saw the light and remember clearly thinking what a funny place to put such a christmas decoration?? My friends in the car with me started saying it was time to cut me off, and I hadn't had my first drink that night...

It's amazing I never got into trouble with those things... but jeesh, I don' t think I want my son to drive till he is 30?
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 02:00 PM
    I hope not many people are your passengers, how is your driving now? LOL loved the stories...
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Haven't totaled a car in almost 20 years... and no accidents either... just a bad habit of not wearing my seatbelt and getting tickets for that which has probably cost me $500 over the years... just think if I had invested that money I might have $100 by now... with my financial mind! (or hair brained ideas... )
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 02:08 PM
    I know all aobut those seat belt tickets, my husband has come home with a few... LOL
    Be safe silly, or is it cause you don't want to be strapped in when your car blows up and you can't get out fast enough? That is his excuse... hehe
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 10:22 PM
    No, my biggest excuse is forgetfulness... so many other things on my mind... such as funny stuff I have read on here! I'm trying to remember to be a good boy about clicking in though.
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Click it, or ticket! LOL
    I wear mine every time I get in the car, how could I forget, four sweet little reminders... "mom, get yer seat belt on" LOL:)
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Ain't that the truth. Mom, you forgot your seat belt!

When we went to Germany we rented a car that had an automatic seat belt, you know, the kind that is always clicked and just the top part moves to lock you in. Well, my husband almost got strangled by the seat belt. After I stopped laughing I did help him.

Reminds me of another story. Winter in Canada, -30 degrees celsius, hubby, then boyfriend, and I decide to take a chance and drive to the video store to rent a movie. We get there, find a movie, go back to the car and RRRRRR, it won't start. Hubby gets out to use the phone and call AMA, he leaves the vehicle, closes the door, I remember something I want to ask so I open the window to tell him, he's GONE! I lean over to look outside the driver side window, he's flat on his back. I say "Did you slip on the ice?" he says, sarcastically "No, I just decided I wanted to make a snow angel." I closed the window and LMAO!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    I have an adiction to ebay i love to buy other peoples crap and re sell it :eek:
    At least you didn't say you were having an affair with the UPS guy. They claim that women who were addicted to QVC had their husbands accusing them of buying so much they had to have been having an affair with the UPS guy.

My motto is I give a crap about your scrap and all that other crapola!

Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    I know all aobut those seat belt tickets, my husband has come home with a few...LOL
    Be safe silly, or is it cause you don't wanna be strapped in when your car blows up and you can't get out fast enough? That is his excuse...hehe
    That is my neighbors excuse for carrying a knife he says might need it to cut the seat belt in an emergency
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Now you've got me wondering if I'm ever going to find my Swiss Army knife again... I miss that little toothpick as well as the tweezers! I once performed emergency surgery with it... well... I popped a blister anyway... ewwww... but that ought to count for something.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 05:50 PM
    This is what I preform MY emergency surgeries with

THINK BIG ONEGUY!
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 06:08 PM
    LMAO, you guys are way to funny!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confession! I did something really stupid. [ 3 Answers ]

Im not sure if this really goes here or not, but I'm putting it here anyway. I've noticed some posts that revolve around writing a mock letter to your ex so as not to break the no contact rule, well... In light of today's events, I decided that I was going to put one up for confessions; the stupid...

Is he still interested? What does "lets give it some time" really mean? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been seeing this guy for only a couple of months. The relationship moved rather quickly. The feelings were pretty intense on both sides. However, he found out that I was not honest with him regarding an online dating service that I currently had. I did have an active profile but I was not...

Confession and forgiveness [ 5 Answers ]

What one should do if he cannot remember when was his last confession? Does one need to worry when he cannot tell exactly when and how many times he has sinned? If one keeps on falling to the same sin again which he has confessed already many times, is he still have the chance of forgiveness?

Confession [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Emphasis is often placed on obtaining a confession, or at least an admission, from a suspect in a criminal inquiry. Under what conditions is a confession of greatest value? Of no value?

Confession [ 7 Answers ]

I was brought up Catholic. With the confession box. I was forced to go to confession growing up as a kid and felt bad going in there even though the only thing that I confessed was sometimes I did not listen to my parents. What else did I need to confess. Now that I am older it seems to me that...

View more questions Search