Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danban88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 05:31 AM
    We Jus moved. Now She's Weird?
    Hi my cat and I moved into a new apartment. This isn't the first time we have moved except this time she is acting really strange. This morning she woke me up really early from her constant meowing and jumping on me. I got up to show her where her litter box was and food in case she had forgotten. She didn't need to use the washroom nor eat. So I sat on the couch an she kept up her meowing and she would constantly lick herself an then jump on me purring an loving an rubbing up against me then jump back down an meow an lick then back to me.. My cat is fixed so I know that she isn't in heat.. Can someone please tell me what is going on? Thank You
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Sounds a little bit like insecurity or separation anxiety. She probably just wants a lot more attention.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Maybe she doesn't like her new home and wants to move again!

Give her time she will adapt to her new surroundings, I know you said you have moved before but she is getting older and it takes longer to get used to new digs.
    danban88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Thank you for the answers! I truly appreciate it!
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Mar 19, 2008, 08:36 PM
    There may be a scent that she can detect that she is not use to.If you want to try to make her feel more comfortable,try feliway spray.I heard it helps calm a cat that is having anxeity,and you just spray it in areas that the cat will be near.Also get her some catnip,it will help her relax also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor starts up until after windows xp loading then says "no Signal" [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, last night my friend came round with his laptop an we watched a film using my monitor. I turned off my computer, unplugged the monitor an plugged it into his laptop, we watched the film fine, he went home. Next day in the morning I went to turn my comuter on, it loaded up until just after the...

She's Here [ 15 Answers ]

Just wanted to give everyone an update Hanna was born Monday at 5:57 and weighed 6 lbs 4 oz we're both doing great. Thanks to everyone who had helped answer ALL my silly questions.

She's trying to take them [ 1 Answers ]

My ex is trying to take my sons out of state. Are there any North Carolina laws that can stop this from happening? I'm the non-custodial parent. I pay child-support and I play a major role in my sons lives.

23 and not interested! [ 4 Answers ]

Hiya, I'm 23 and I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now and recently I have not wanted sex,, at all! I find the whole thing annoying! And the thought of it doesn't really repulse me, but it annoys me and I don't feel excited by the thought at all, its really annoyin me, I'm overweight...

View more questions Search