Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eng65 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Sending Emails via PC
    Hello,

I would like to send Newsletters from my PC. I have WampServer installed and I am using an Opensource php Newsletters producer. Wamp does not act as a mail server, because it usues localhost. What would I need, and what do I do, to send Newsletters via my PC

Thank you
    Regards,
    Eng65
    Sitwonade Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Wamp does not need to "act as a mail server" to send mail. It just needs to be able to connect to the SMTP servers of the addresses you want to send to. Many ISP's (especially if you're hosting from residential broadband) block this kind of traffic (because it's usually spam messages being sent by internet viruses). You will need to find a POP server (Gmail maybe) that your server can connect to which will relay the messages (this is how most email clients traditionally work anyways).

I'm not a web developer so I don't know Wamp specifically, but if you're using a package like phpBB or Drupal their should be a configuration option to set a POP server (or if not, their respective communities will be able to instruct you).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brighthouse not sending TalkFusion Video emails [ 1 Answers ]

I have Brighthouse (RoadRunner) as my ISP. I am using a program called TalkFusion that send video emails. I sign on to the TalkFusion site, compose my email, record my video and then send it to my email list. The ones (including me) on Brighthouse are delayed for many hours and sometimes do not...

She's sending me emails after a month NC [ 19 Answers ]

So I'm back with a new dilemma... If you don't know my story have a look at my previous posts. Basically my ex broke up with me about 5 weeks ago now... I've gone about a month nc and the wounds are slowly healing But the last couple of days have been a bit strange... Tuesday night I...

Sending music via emails [ 1 Answers ]

How do I send music via email

Does anyone else get emails like this? [ 12 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone else ever gets emails like this.. I find them annoying and somehow wrong. I am sure it's a scam. I almost wonder if some of it is a terriorist plot, due to the timing and the way it's handled. I would love some feedback as far as what you think and if possible who to...

Emails [ 1 Answers ]

WHEN I OPEN AN EMAIL UP SOME OF THEM Won't PLAY IT LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO START PLAYING BUT THEN IT SAYS THIS... Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct. SOMEONE...

View more questions Search