Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Tattoo drawing
    Me and my sister are getting matching tattoos (on our feet), then thing is... we are so different that my ideas are not appealing to her, and hers to me.

SO I was thinking that if I could get one of my ideas drawn up, then I know she would love it. The bad thing? I know NO good artists. And don't have $20 to shell out to a tattoo artist JUST for drawing it...

SO I was wondering if someone here could possibly draw me something...

This is my idea...

My intials CB forming a heart... and next to it or somehow touching her intials AB forming a heart... I want them all curly and pretty!

If anyone can do this for me I would be eternally grateful!!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 12:23 AM
    Hi, Momma!

It's possible that someone here might be able to do that for you. But, I'm not sure. If you would be a little more detailed/descriptive about what it is that you want, I'm sure that one of the fine artists that we have here concerning drawing or painting would give it consideration knowing what it is specifically that you are looking for.

Would you be willing to draw a rough sketch and post it here so that we might have a better idea as to what you are looking for? It wouldn't have to be precise, but just an idea. Thanks!
    Vision Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 12:27 AM
    I would annihilate it... I've tried... I don't know how to do it... that's why I am asking someone else to do it for me...
    Vision Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Any other questions about the details I can answer though...
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 12:29 AM
    I did notice that you have also placed your question over in the Body Art topic area. Are you sure that you need it over there now? Because, there has already been a response to your question here and I'm sure that it would be more likely to get noticed in the Art topic area by artists since it about drawing something. Although, those that are into body art who might not necessarily frequent that Art topic area might be able to give you good advice also. Depending on the answers that you get in each topic area, maybe the questions could then be merged? What do you think? Thanks!
    Vision Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 12:35 AM
    I posted it in both areas to get two different perspectives...
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Okay, your initials CB and her initials AB and joined together forming a heart. Am I correct? Or, do you want two individual heart shapes joined together?
    Vision Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 12:41 AM
    Two individual heart shapes either formed together or touching or at least side by side... this will be a foot tattoo if that is at all relevant... I suppose they must be slanted somewhat... And the CB heart a bit bigger to signify the older sister.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 12:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I posted it in both areas to get two different perspectives....
    Okay. Then it might not be a bad idea to leave the question also in the Body Art topic area.

One of the options for managing questions is to "Copy question to destination topic." Your type of question may be a perfect example of where using that type of management when moderating would be appropriate.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Thanks! Can you give me a few minutes to post an example for you here? I will need to scan it in. I am not a drawing artist, mind you. But, one of the arts that I do is calligraphy. But, mine is pretty plain and I'm not really good at doing curly-cue type stuff. But, maybe my example that someone else could completely outdo might give someone else the inspiration and motivation to draw one also.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 01:30 AM
    Is something like this along the lines (pun intended!) :p of what you are wanting? I can't really do justice to making them fancier. But, is this the basic idea? If it is, then hopefully, someone will come along and do something that is really cool! :)
    Attached Images

Vision Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 06:17 PM
    No, I want the letters themselves to form the hearts... not just be inside of hearts... like really pretty fancy curly letters...

But thank you for the drawing... You're awesome, Clough!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 11:58 PM
    I did some rough sketches but haven't been able to get them here yet.
    Will try later.

One of the ideas in my sketch was two hearts lying horizontally side by side and the curved end of the heart to form the two Bs and the hollows inside the B to be in the form of hearts.

I also tried a modification of this one with your letters in the bottom two hearts.
    http://www.berlinembroidery.com/imag...ramoutline.jpg

Or there could be a growing vine and the flowers could be in the shape of two hearts with the letters.

This one too can be modified a little for the letters to form inside the hearts.
    http://69.90.174.250/photos/display_...36025272,2.jpg
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2008, 12:00 AM
    Ah, good! I can see that the ideas are starting to flow here! Thanks, firm!
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    No, I want the letters themselves to form the hearts...not just be inside of hearts...like really pretty fancy curly letters.....

But thank you for the drawing...You're awesome, Clough!
    I figured that is what you meant. I just put the outline of the hearts around the initials so that I could sort of draw the letters within the confines of the hearts in order to help myself with the drawing. Thanks for the compliment! :)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Apr 19, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Wow clough great drawings :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A drawing of mine. [ 33 Answers ]

6818 I have tried to attach a drawing of mine... has this worked?? :confused:

Am I good at drawing? [ 15 Answers ]

Does anyone think these are good, honest opinions please.

Drawing Horses [ 3 Answers ]

I know horses are hard to draw. I can draw the back neck belly and head fine, its just the legs. Can I have some tips on this?

Drawing Structures [ 4 Answers ]

How do I Draw the structure of the following compound. 3-(bromomethyl)-4-octanol

View more questions Search