Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1darknlovely Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 04:09 PM
    How much time
    My boyfriend is on felony probation. He just got charged with domestic violence how much time do u think he will get for the viloation? And also for the domestic violence?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Can't really say what the judge will do in this case. How could we know. Eveything is predicated on the situation of the charge and what happened during the domestic violence, who was involved, who got hurt and how, etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Was it domestic violence assault, domestic violence damage to property, normally domestic violence is merely a add on to make someother crime more serious, ( at least where I am at)

And for many domestic violence they will get anger management, counseling and probatoin, if this iwas first offense at this. And for the probation violation, it is up to the probation officer and the judge, it could be from the entire sentence, to weeks, to nothing.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 06:52 AM
    He did violate his felony probation by getting arrested. He will have to go to a violation probation hearing and the judge will decide accordingly what to do with his original probation charge whether he institutes the original sentencing on him or not. He just might do this. The domestic violence charge can be up to 6 months to one year jail time. It all depends on what he did and who was injured.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

Part Time / Full Time / Non - Resident - need clarification on this [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I came to US on L1 Visa on 20th October, 2007. I am trying to file the tax return through File Taxes Online - Do Taxes FREE - File Taxes With TaxACT. There is a question : "Whether you are a part time resident / Full Time Resident or Non-Resident". I am not sure...

12.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Smokes fom Time to Time [ 9 Answers ]

This engine apprears to start and run fine. However, from time to time it will smoke like a freight train then clear up and be find. This may occur several times in a two hour period. Any sujections on what may be the cause? Thanks for your Help!

View more questions Search