Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charmed1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Searching for a child
    Hello, I am searching for my nephew. He was given up by his mother on march 03, 2008 and my brother is the father we are trying to find out how can we get him back because my brother doesn't know why she left the state of California to give him up.she was living with my mother but she left and went to Utah we are not sure where she gave him up at but the day she gave birth is the day she gave him up.now how can I as an aunt find him and reunite him with his father? If anyone can help please get back to me thank you so very much... a desprate aunt
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 01:55 PM
    If your brother (who will probably have to be the one to legally do this search, by the way) did not sign relinquishment papers and the mother placed the child for adoption, he may have legal rights to get the child back.

I HIGHLY suggest he get a lawyer, and start the search that way. If he does not act on this as soon as possible, it may be impossible to get the child back.
    charmed1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Thank U
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Mar 18, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Your brother has to give consent for the adoption to be legal. Have you tried asking the mother of the baby? Did she know that he wanted the child? Most adoptions in every state take sometime before it is granted. Adoptive parents need to be evaluated if done through an adoption agency for example. Most of the time, the biological mother's representative or the adoptive parents place an ad in papers where the child was born related to the seeking of the adoption. If you know where she is, or can find out, that will be half the battle. You can try establishing a repoire with an attorney in the meantime as to stopping the legal action upon adoption.
    It is his child as well. And he has every right to want his child. And I agree. Please do not take long to take appropriate action.
    It will save you a lot of attorney fee's. Yet, if the adoption does take place into finalization before you are able to find the child, the court can rescind the adoption due to non-notification of said parent. Your brother not giving full consent. The Adoptive Parents will be aware of this. And most risk you not taking action against it in order to achieve their own desires for a child to call their own. Make sure you make a journal of all phone calls, letters, emails, etc to everyone that you try to contact if your brother's desire for custody of his child. Documentation is the key. Showing it upon legal action to sustain an adoption finalization, will enable the judge to make an informed decision. If it is a private adoption, monies could have been exchanged for said child. Which will cause more of a fight on your end to find the child to begin with. So open communication is also a key with the birth mother or other family member or friend available for information.
    Cuddly 12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charmed1
    hello, i am searching for my nephew. he was given up by his mother on march 03, 2008 and my brother is the father we are trying to find out how can we get him back because my brother doesnt know why she left the state of california to give him up.she was living with my mother but she left and went to utah we are not sure where she gave him up at but the day she gave birth is the day she gave him up.now how can i as an aunt find him and reunite him with his father? if anyone can help please get back to me thank you so very much ......a desprate aunt
    Hi I think that you should call all adoption places in Utah and try to find him, I will help you I live in Utah and call and I have faith that you will find him. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Searching for a child that has been adopted [ 2 Answers ]

My older sister gave birth to a baby girl on the 6th of January 1975 which she called Caroline before she gave her up for adoption. I would like to make contact with this girl if possible and of course if that's what she wants also... I believe her name is Lisa Maree now? I also know that she is...

Searching and searching [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am constantly searching on engines such as Google and Yahoo! Etc and always when I need to come back to what I found in a previous search, I can never seem to find it again or remember how I got to it. Does anyone know if major engines have a feature that allows me to track where I...

Searching [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a song by a woman. About 5 years ago. Kind of mellow rock. Can't remember her name or the name of the song. The only thing that I remember is at the very end, instead of singing the words she says "I'm crazy like that". Or something similar. Please help!! Driving me crazy...

View more questions Search