Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psnarang Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Tax Rebate for my Spouse
    I was in US for the full year 2005 on L1 Visa and my wife could join me only in the month of Jan,2006 as she was expecting and the paper work for the new born in India could only be completed by Jan,2006.

Can I claim tax exemptions for both of them.I don't have any SSN or ITIN for my spouse and the child.
    If so what fedral Form I need to fill,and how can I get a ITIN no for both of them.
    Also what tax forms ,I need to fill for filing tax returns.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 2, 2006, 09:38 PM
    Unfortunately, I do not think you can claim your wife or child because they were never in the U.S. at any time in 2005.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No ITIN For Spouse [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Problems: 1) No ITIN For spouse. 2) Only 3 days remain to file taxes. 3) worked in 2 states(CA and NC) and I might owe about $10 in NC but will be receiving money in CA and Federal. 4) To claim standard deduction I need to wait until I get spouse's ITIN. One suggestion has been to...

Spouse on H4, no SSN/ITIN [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I was in USA on a H1B visa for close to six years, I got married in May 2005 and my wife accompanied me to the US for four months. We returned to our native for good in September 2005. I did not file for a ITIN/SSN for my wife during her stay. Can I file a joint return claiming her as...

H-1b (changed from F-1) with spouse [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Tax Expert, I have some questions for you. 1. I was in F-1 status until June 28 2005, then my status changed to H-1b. I was wondering if I qualify for the residency status for tax purposes this year and file 1040? 2. My wife joined me as my dependent (H-4) on Dec 7 2005. Can I include...

No sex from spouse [ 12 Answers ]

I have been married for 15 years but about 5 years ago we have stopped having sex, she had a hysteroctomy about 3 years ago. I feel she should be better by now, but every time I try to get close she pushed me away, sometimes she tells me that I get on her nerves, I can't help wondering if its me,...

NJ Saver Rebate [ 0 Answers ]

Does the NJ Saver Rebate that I received in September 03 count as income on the Federal 1040 form? I itemized if that is important to know. Thank you.

View more questions Search