Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greenbay956 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Remove daughter and her older sons from parents home
    Parent semi retired who has a older son who pays $350 per month towards the household plus the cable bill, 2 pets. Older daughter with 2 sons 17 & 21, none of the 3 are employed or contribute to the household. They also have 2 pit bulls holed up in a bedroom. This is a three bedroom house. The daughter and her sons live & sleep in the living room as they were evicted for non payment of rent from their previous residence. This arrangement was temporary, they had promised to leave months ago, they have not. Its slowly becoming a volatile situation. The boys drink and yet do not work and their mother the same. Freedom around the home is scarce because of their dogs who are not friendly to the semi retired parent. After requesting these people to move out and they do not, what is the next legal step? Note*** when they were given eviction notice from their previous residence they lived their for 3-4 months after without electricity and water... with their dogs inside after the landlord had set no pets inside guidelines... note* The daughter has a undiagnosed kleptomania problem... but do not want to bring charges due to no proof other than when she comes around things go missing. There is one report a local police station of a wallet she took from the Other son who pays rent their at the home. He stepped out of the rest room and saw her taking it. :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2008, 10:36 AM
    How long have they been there? If this was truly a temporary arrangement, you should be able to just put them out and change the locks. If you want to make sure they don't sue you, then you will need to formally evict and get a sheriff to remove them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to remove older sibiling form parent's home! [ 16 Answers ]

I have a 55 year old brother that has been living in a single room in my parent's Louisville Kentucky home, off and on for his entire life, but full-time the last 10 years or so. He pays no rent and has never paid any bills or provided any assistance on food or other bills. My father passed right...

Separated Parents - who claims sons? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm still legally married to my husband but we've been separated for more than 8 years. We have 2 sons ages 11 & 12. For years we mutually decide which one of us is going to claim one or both boys. He has been out of touch with me for almost six months. What happens if I claim the boys? If he's...

My sons girlfriends parents want her to give baby up for adoption [ 28 Answers ]

My son is 17 years old. His girlfriend is 15. Her parents want her to give the baby up for adoption when it is born. We want to raise the baby. Can anyone tell us what our his legal rights are? Her parents will not return our phone calls and she is 4 months pregnant and they haven't taken her to a...

Unmarried sons rights to his 2week old daughter [ 9 Answers ]

My sons ex girlfriend is saying his visiting rights are only for 2 hours every Sunday.Hopefully he will go with her next week to get the birth registered and his name will be put on the certificate as the fathers.What are his rights to see his daughter and need he get solicitors involved.

Help with older daughter [ 7 Answers ]

My daughter-25 years old moved back in with my 2 grand children. She rarely helps with dishes, laundry or general cleaning. I am afraid to say anything for fear of her taking the kids to an unsavory environment... what to do?

View more questions Search