Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seavsp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Vacation in a month Ex threating Kidnapping.
    So my story is, that my ex and I just have recently split. We have a 22 month old daughter together, and We have not done the whole court thing yet. (but I'm sure that it is on its way) Next month My daughter and I are going to St. Thomas with my family for 5 days. We leave on a Saturday and come back on Thursday night. He has known about this vacation since it had been booked (which was booked a year in advance). He was actually suppose to go, his ticket had been paid for and everything, but since our recent split will no longer be coming along. Since our recent fight he has told me that if I try to take my daughter on vacation he will be calling the police and telling them that I have kidnapped her. Is this possible? I never try to keep her from him and he is allowed to see her anytime he wants to. I am just really scared that he is going to ruin my familys vaction with his threats, please help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Well of course he can pick up the phone and call the police and they can laugh at him,

He is trying to scare you and it appears he has, please understand he will tell you 100 lies over the next few months or years to try and control your behavior.

First where you married ? EX does not really tell us, since people call ex live in boy friends ex's

But at this point you and he both if married have full rights to the child, who has physcial custody will be decided by a court order and that should be about the first think you do after he left.
    Since of course if you were both married and he is on the birth certificate there is nothing to stop him from merely taking the child and not letting you see the child either until there is a court order in place.

So he is trying to control you with threats, it is serously time to get an attorney and do the court thing, including him paying child support
    seavsp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Thank you for your answer. No we are not married, but yes he is on the birth certificate. He is now living at his mothers 2 bedroom apt. I know that he has scared me but I don't let him see that he is getting to me. Whenever he says something to me about it I just ignore it or say whatever. I am in a process of getting a lawyer today actually.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 17, 2008, 01:47 PM
    You need to be VERY careful with this. There are new laws that may prevent you from taking your child out of the country without his permission. You need to get his permission and get a noterized statement saying he authorizes this. If you don't do this then you could be up on federal charges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CC Debt threating to go to Court [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Same old story, my husband and I hit a rocky patch in life and were unable to pay on our credit cards (credit cards or house and food, tough decision). Anyway, I made several attempts to work out a payment plan with the creditors and they were never willing to do something that we...

I'm going on vacation in 1 month, I need to loose some weight. [ 3 Answers ]

I am 22 years old, 5'2'' and 123lbs. I don't think I'm fat but I would like to loose 10lbs before my trip. I want to get back to my pre-baby weight. I just want to feel better about myself. I have a low self-esteem. I started going to the gym and I intend to do so every day for one hour. ...

No custody in place- kidnapping? [ 5 Answers ]

Can a father get in trouble for taking his son from his soon to be ex wife if there is absolutely no custody rules in place?

Family member is threating to kick me out! [ 1 Answers ]

HI!! I was browsing the internet and came across this website, and thought that it might help with my dilemma: I currently live with a family member and she is threating to kick me out!! We did not set up a written agreement such as lease, but yet a verbal one, in which I would pay her $200...

View more questions Search