Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kraquel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 06:22 PM
    How to record revenue where part is received in the current month & the remainder the
    I'm trying to check my grandaughter's homework and I need to know What is the entry for recording earned revenue of $8,000 of which $3,000 is collected in cash and the balance is due the following month.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 12:28 AM
    If you are "checking" someone's homework, then you should include their answers so that we may check them, since we're not here to just give answers away.

Earnings are recorded in a revenue account, regardless of whether the cash was received or not. The accrued method states that revenues are recorded when earned. If $8000 was earned, then it's recorded as revenue. The $3000 collected in cash is taken literally -- they received $3000 in cash. The balance of $5000 is due to the company because it still needs to be paid, making it a receivable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Updfating a post closing trial balance into a current month. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I was given a completed post closing trial balance for February. I was asked to set up the general journal, auxiliary petty cash, payroll register and the special journals. The book indicates to "be sure to update ledger accounts based on givan information in post-closing trial balance...

When paying the building lease in adavance of the current month. [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to pre-pay the building lease and don't want the expense to be doubled on my income statement for the current month since I've already paid the rent for this month. I believe that I need to set up a pre-paid GL account on the balance sheet. I don't have any pre-paid accounts on my chart...

About record revenue and expense [ 1 Answers ]

Methods To Record Revenue And Expenses

Current & Non-Current Assets [ 3 Answers ]

Why is classification of Assets into Current & Non-Current necessary? Or not necessary?

View more questions Search