Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    octobermommy30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 05:35 PM
    First date pregnancy and my rights
    I got pregnant on the first date, I was shocked that he wasn't using protection! He told me he was sterile and couldn't have children. I asked him how did he know that and if he was ever tested. He said no. He just knew. That was not true. I was right. I want nothing to do with him for many reasons. I would like to raise this baby with sole costidy! Is that possible what are my rights in New Jersey? And what his rights in New Jersey?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Can you afford the baby on your own income?
    What does he say?

Never trust the "I feel" I can't get you pregnant.
    You want a doctors proof and THEN do not even trust that!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 05:45 PM
    First I will disagree here some, you did not have to say OK, to have sex unless he had protection, it is called saying NO. and we have a lot of people here talking about not giving a first kiss on the first date, having sex on the first date and no protection?

I guess I will go with HOW old are you??

But at the birth of the child, you will file in court for full custody, physcial custody, and child support from the bio father.
    He can ask for visitation if he wants, and he can file for joint custoy if he wants also.

If there is any reason he would be a danger to the chlild, prison record, police record or anything that hurts his chances. But almost always unless he is a threat, an he wants to visit his children he will get the right.
    Brokensoul Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 11:39 AM
    My sister had a little boy from a one night stand. The father has never even laid eyes on the boy. She never went through no custody battle or nothing. In my personal opinon I think that when you have the baby and you put your last name on that birth certificate, the baby is yours. Unless the bio dad wants a custody battle of course. I mean that's just how it went with my sister.

<3 Becka. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many days after a known ovulation date can a positive pregnancy test show? [ 15 Answers ]

I have been taking the medicine Clomid & have been really trying to get pregnant. My question is simple - I know the best time to test for pregnancy is after your missed period but my number of days between change. Last month it was 28 days & I circled the day on my calender that I could take an...

Underage pregnancy and the father's rights [ 3 Answers ]

I am 26 and my girlfriend is soon to be 18 and 7 months pregnant. We are a wonderful couple however her mother disapproves of the relationship and wishes for me to have no relations with her daughter. Currently my girlfriend is forced to live in her parents home state 800 miles away. Are there...

Underaged pregnancy, the father have rights? [ 14 Answers ]

I just turned 17, my girlfriend who is 16 is about a month pregnant already making plans. I am the father of the child and I live hundreds and hundreds of miles away from my girlfriend. Her mother and father are supporting her. I want to be a full part of the child's life and take care of my...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search