Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfloater Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 09:58 AM
    401k Vested or Not Vested
    I worked for my previous employer for a few years making regular contributions to my 401k with a small match from my employer. Now my employer has sold the business. I am told that I need to roll the money from my 401k into a IRA but I can only roll over the money that I am vested. Since I did not brake the contract should I not be entitled to 100% of the money?
    Thank you
    Chris
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Generally if a plan is terminated, then all company contributions vest fully. But it may depends on the terms of the sale and the plan. What is the plan admin telling you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vested Misplaced 401k [ 4 Answers ]

I've been a truck driver for the past 6 years. Today I've found a statement on a 401k that I contributed to from a previous employer. The statement is from the year 2000, and it shows a balance on it. I've tried calling the plan administrator to try and see what the latest balance is with no luck....

Vested money [ 2 Answers ]

How do I obtained money vested in companies I haven't worked for in over 25 years Will I be notified by the company around my retirement age letting me know I have Money vested or do I have to contact the companies

Vested amount [ 1 Answers ]

Friends, just need some clarification on some financial speak. What is vested amount in reference to a balance on a 401K statement? Thanks?

View more questions Search