Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Mar 16, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Sec.pol.msc in Vista
    I have now installed my dual boot system on 2 separate partitions, thanks to the advice from Scottgem, Curlyben & Biggsie.

However I now have 2 other problems.

1) Every time I boot up into Vista I get the annoying User Account Control window popping up asking me to deny or allow a program to run. This program is my Netgear wireless router.

I have checked on this and apparently I should run the 'sec.pol.msc' via my Accessories. I am using Vista Home Premium and MS in their infinite wisdom have not included this tweak in the Home Premium OS, only in the larger ones, i.e. Professional. Why MS never thought that we 'Home' users may not need it I don't know.

Obviously because of this MS omission I cannot tweak this annoyance.

Can anyone tell me if there is a solution to this in Home Premium?

2) I use a Wireless Keyboard and since installing Vista on my PC, sometimes I can use the keyboard to select the dual boot system I wish to load and sometimes the keyboard just will not work, but it does when I have booted into the Vista and XP OS.

All other functions work on the keyboard when the Vista & OS systems are running, its just the startup sequences, which is also very annoying as I have to have both a wireless keyboard and a wired keyboard available.

Can anyone advise me on this please.

Thank you.

No doubt I shall have other questions as I get familiar with Vista.

Cy
    (Poseidon)

Check out some similar questions!

What does reduce to au sec mean! [ 3 Answers ]

Its in a recipe I'm making Thanks

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

F1-social sec [ 1 Answers ]

I have been a student on F1 visa for 5 years. So now legally I can file taxes as a resident alien. Now I am working on my OPT. I am not sure if I have to pay social security and medicare. According to IRS I am exempt till I am a resident alien and as long as I am on F1 I am exempt from the...

Services.msc [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was just wanting to know which of the services in services if I disable them will stop me from being able to use msn messenger as this has happened and I have had to start most of the services and this causing my computer to go extremely slow. Thanks:)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.