Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigtee321 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 09:21 AM
    Landlord is no longer living
    I just found out that my landlord died, he is married and no decition has been made if his wife is going to take over the property. I have a leaking roof that really needs to be fixed ASAP. I live in a section 8 rented home, and they are going to have to wait until his wife calls to find out if she's going to take over. I don't have time to wait, we are always getting rain and I'm afraid the sooner or later the ceiling won't hold the water weight, plus it's dripping through the ceiling fan, which the fan brings more weight so I don't allow my children to even sleep in there. I really don't know what to do. I called the township and they said they have to talk to his wife. I know that's not possible beause she had the only contact number disconneted.:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2006, 09:36 AM
    See
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...3607#post83607

Contact the Health Dept for how to get the repair issue addressed. If they issue an order that is not complied with you may have the option of having a plumber doing it for you - and reducing what it costs from the rent.

Feb 2, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Thank you for your help rick, just as I was reading you repley someone from the health dept. called and said just what you said. He told me to use the rent money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Who either inherits the property will be the new landlord, until that time the exector of the estate is now the landlord. It should most likely be the wife, but could be the other family if the will left it.

So I would say, unless she can provide you the exector of the estate, yes she is the owner now and is just not wanting to deal with you.
    Personally I would move because it looks like they are not going to do anything and are not planning on it. She is basically in my opinon just lying to you so she does not have to deal with it right now.

She has to either fix it, or tell you who is the administor of the will and estate who would be the landlord if she is not.

Now if you want to, go to the court house and check out who is on the deed, most likely I bet it will be the man and his wfie, thus the wife would now be the sole owner, But again this is my guess.

Feb 3, 2006, 08:50 AM
    Dept. Of health told me to use my part of the rent to do the repairs, but I only pay $200 a month. This is not enough to fix the roof and ceiling, so he said he will call section 8 and ask them to pay the bal. left after adding my money and they said that they can't. Only thing they can do is give me permission to move if health dept. say that I can't stay. And they have no contact # for the wife, she had the phone disconnected. Thank you Father Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ticket for a vehicle that I no longer own [ 11 Answers ]

I live in the state of NY and I recently received 4 parking totaling to the amount of $625. The ticket was a computerized stub that just had the following information: violation (Here are the following violations on the ticket: 1. Improper plates 2. unregistered vehicle 3. no front plate 4. no...

Switch no longer works [ 1 Answers ]

We had two light switches that were in two separate rooms but controlled the kitchen overhead lights. About two years ago, I disconnected one of the switches. Last night, the switch that was left operational, stopped working for no apparent reason. I tested it and it no longer has power. The...

Is there anything I can do to last longer? [ 7 Answers ]

I need some help but I don't know if anyone can help on on this. Mabye just a tip or something. My girlfriend and I have been dating for a while and we have just started to have sex. And ever time I start to get her going I cum. Is there anything I can do to last longer and make the sex amazing...

Should I pay for a ticket that I no longer own? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the state of NY and I recently received 4 parking totaling to the amount of $625. The ticket was a computerized stub that just had the following information: violation (Here are the following violations on the ticket: 1. Improper plates 2. unregistered vehicle 3. no front plate 4. no...

Need longer pole for fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my fan and realized that because I have a slanted ceiling I need to extend the polr from the ceiling. Are there poles available? I need at least 20" from the ceiling. Will this affect how the fan works?

View more questions Search