Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Mar 15, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Is it possible to re-install outlook wihout the original disk?
    I had my computer built by a friend of mine, and I didn't get the original xp pro disk with it. Now my Outlook is totally messed up. The Sent messages folder disappeared,( but the folder is still there full of messages) and Every message I send gets a error, but the message does send through. Without reformatting, can I un-install out look , then re-install it? ( I already tried the repair and it didn't work)
    squinter Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2008, 07:16 AM
    If you uninstall it and don't have the disc then you can't reinstall it , personnaly I have never used outlook and don't know if it is downloadable as freeware , have you tried a system restore which will roll your PC back to a time when outlook was working ? It might be worth a try , hope this helps :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Are you talking Outlook or Outlook Express? They are different packages. Outlook Express is actually part of Windows and can be reinstalled. Outlook is a separate programs and you would need the disk to repair/reinstall
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Mar 16, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Hi, Outlook Express 6 is what is all messed up... Could you tell me how to un-install and re-install without a XP disk please?

Mar 16, 2008, 09:31 AM
    This articele:

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows XP

Should help.
    encyclopedia Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 12:26 AM
    Download Outlook express by clicking on this link.
    DOWNLOAD OUTLOOK EXPRESS
    Install it.

All your emails should be safe if you have still not reinstalled windows.

Let me know if this helps.

Mar 18, 2008, 06:03 AM
    F you reinstall OE, from a download it will set up a new version of OE with NEW folders. You will then have to get your old mail into the new folders. I would try repairing first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Install Disk [ 2 Answers ]

My Toshiba A15-S1292 has developed some serious issues. I can't close one of windows without all of them closing. I can't get online with wireless or anything else. I need to know if there anyplace to download the toshiba install disk from.

Missing sku112.cab to install outlook 2007 trial [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a (fully legal, downloaded from MS, thus no cd) copy of Office 2003, and to make my new phone work, it's suggesting I download Outlook 2007, which I am perfectly happy to do. Halfway through I get a "Missing \Program Files\MS Office\sku112.cab" error message, which seems pretty...

How to Reinstall Windows 98 without original disk? [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a Toshiba Tecra 520CDT that has a couple of minor problems (it only cost me £10) and I want to reinstall Windows 98 in the hope that it will fix whatever is causing the display to only work in 16 color mode. First problem: I can't figure out for the life of me how to get into the...

"Invalid System Disk".Why won't Xubuntu install? [ 4 Answers ]

This is getting annoying! :confused: I've got an old Pentium III computer running Windows98; I added a used hard-drive and formatted it, and then tried to install Xubuntu on the second hard drive (I disconnected the first hard drive and set the formatted drive to "master". I don't quite...

View more questions Search