Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dancer Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Closing S-Corporation
    Hi,

We closed our business (S-Corporation) April of last year. We are incorporated in the state of Kentucky. All bills owed and taxes due have been paid. Can you tell me what we need to do to actually close the corporation.

Thanks,
    Harry
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2012, 06:14 PM
    Business entities are required by law to formally dissolve with the Commonwealth of Kentucky. In order to properly close a business entity, state law requires that Articles of Dissolution are filed for a domestic business entity or a Certificate of Withdrawl for a foreign business entity with the Office of the Secretary of State.

If you are dissolving a business, the Office of the Secretary of State recommends that you contact the following state and federal agencies to ensure that you have no other legal or financial obligations.*

Internal Revenue Service
    Kentucky Department of Revenue
    Kentucky Department of Unemployment Insurance
    County Clerk's Office
    If licensed, confirm with licensing agency (A complete listing of state licensing agencies can be found at the Business Clearinghouse).
    Source: KY Secretary of State's Business Services

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closing [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my question is how long can I stay in my house after the closing I will need to make arguments to travel to my new house in another stats I waiting on the money I get from the closing to move basically thanks again Janet

Final return - S-Corporation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing the final return for our Travel Agency, an S-Corporation. We closed the business April of last year as we were unable to sell it. As of the end of 2005 all that remains on the Balance Sheet is Assets - Cash $14 and Intangible Assets less Accumulated Amortization $21,729 . ...

American Business Corporation (ABC) [ 3 Answers ]

American Business Corporation (ABC) announces IDO Program through ABC Employment In August of 2005 American Business Corporation announced an Independent Division Owner program for it's employment Division ABC Employment. The program allows independent owners to license exclusive Rights...

American Business Corporation launches new website! [ 1 Answers ]

American Business Corporation launches new website! American Business Corporation has just launched it's new site. American Business Corporation which operates as ABC provides research, Advertising, outsourcing, business development, and employment related Services with its new division (ABC...

Corporation sole, freedom or a ticket to jail? [ 2 Answers ]

There are numerous web sites touting the alleged tax immunity and asset protection features of the corporation sole, and there are numerous peddlers who would like to help relieve you of your hard-earned money. Many well-meaning but overly-trusting Christians have already been taken advantage...

View more questions Search