Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jezickca87 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Could I be pregnany?
    So I've been on birth control pills since I was 17... I'm now 20. For the most part the because pills have worked very well for me. Birth control pills allowed me to have shorter, lighter periods expected periods. But as of now I'm not certain if they have failed me.. there was a short duration of time I did not have my pills refilled in a timely manor and had unprotected sex. So with that said as of now I am unsure of my status. I had a period around mid jan. which lasted 7 days.. I did not have a period for the month of Feb. it is now mar. 15. (today I have taken a pregnant. Test. And the results were nag.) my breasts are sore (more sore than usual for an expected period) I have been craving food none stop, my lower back is somewhat sore, I feel bloated and suffered fro some constipation. I do feel moody/irritable but I do my best to keep my mood under control. Also, I was trying to educate myself on "possibly pregnancy signs" within my research I ran across "implantion bleeding. " there was an occasion in Feb where I did see a small very faint blood on tissue paper. Also, read that there is an increase need to urinate from what I read that occurs later (6-8 weeks) If pregnant, yet for myself I feel like I have to urinate frequently... there is no discomfort such as a u.t.I would have. I appreciate all who read and responds

Thank you
    rlauver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jezickca87
    so i've been on birth control pills since i was 17... i'm now 20. for the most part the b/c pills have worked very well for me. birth control pills allowed me to have shorter, lighter periods expected periods. but as of now i'm not certain if they have failed me.. there was a short duration of time i did not have my pills refilled in a timely manor and had unprotected sex. so with that said as of now i am unsure of my status. i had a period around mid jan. which lasted 7 days.. i did not have a period for the month of Feb. it is now mar. 15. (today i have taken a preg. test. and the results were nag.) my breasts are sore (more sore than usual for an expected period) i have been craving food none stop, my lower back is somewhat sore, i feel bloated and suffered fro some constipation. i do feel moody/irritable but i do my best to keep my mood under control. also, i was trying to educate myself on "possibly pregnancy signs" within my research i ran across "implantion bleeding. " there was an occasion in Feb where i did see a small very faint blood on tissue paper. also, read that there is an increase need to urinate from what i read that occurs later (6-8 weeks) If pregnant, yet for myself i feel like i have to urinate frequently... there is no discomfort such as a u.t.i would have. i appreciate all who read and responds

thank you
    There is always a possibility. If your test came back negative, wait another week and re-test if you haven't gotten it by then. Swelling, painful breasts and lower back pain are also a sign of an oncoming menstural cycle. Taking your pills late (not sure how many days you were without) doesn't necessarily mean they aren't working - depending on the type of pill you take - a weeks worth of pills are just sugar pills or "filler" pills that have no medicine in them at all so if they are missed that's okay. Give it a week and if you still don't have it re-test or see your physician.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Even if you were talking the birth control pills properly and had sex with no other form of protection, you can still at times get pregnant,
    So if there was a break in proper taking of the pills, and you still continued to have unprotected sex, your risk is greatly higher.

So yes there is a chance you can be, I would agree to give it another week and re-test and then follow up with your doctor
    jezickca87 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jezickca87
    so i've been on birth control pills since i was 17... i'm now 20. for the most part the b/c pills have worked very well for me. birth control pills allowed me to have shorter, lighter periods expected periods. but as of now i'm not certain if they have failed me.. there was a short duration of time i did not have my pills refilled in a timely manor and had unprotected sex. so with that said as of now i am unsure of my status. i had a period around mid jan. which lasted 7 days.. i did not have a period for the month of Feb. it is now mar. 15. (today i have taken a preg. test. and the results were nag.) my breasts are sore (more sore than usual for an expected period) i have been craving food none stop, my lower back is somewhat sore, i feel bloated and suffered fro some constipation. i do feel moody/irritable but i do my best to keep my mood under control. also, i was trying to educate myself on "possibly pregnancy signs" within my research i ran across "implantion bleeding. " there was an occasion in Feb where i did see a small very faint blood on tissue paper. also, read that there is an increase need to urinate from what i read that occurs later (6-8 weeks) If pregnant, yet for myself i feel like i have to urinate frequently... there is no discomfort such as a u.t.i would have. i appreciate all who read and responds

thank you
    Thank you for answering my question.. I'm on Otho Tri-Cyclin Low.. there have been a few occasions that I did miss my pill in the past but I've never waited this long for a period.. but thank you so much for responding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I having no pregnany symptoms? [ 3 Answers ]

Why am I having no symptoms? I only feel slightly tired and I'm 7wks pregnant, I can feel a twinge now and then but no sickness.

Could I have an eptopic pregnany? [ 5 Answers ]

I started my period 2 week ago, but all of a sudden I started to get abdominal pains in my left side and feeling sick Is it possible thet I could have an eptopic pregnancy? I stop using contraception over a month ago.

8 weeks pregnany by LMP [ 1 Answers ]

My LMP was 12/29 and according to my dates I am about 7 1/2 weeks pregnant. However because this is my second child I have been cramping so when I went in to see my OB he did a transvaginal US to confirm viability and said that he does see the gest sac and yolk sac but because it is measuring 5.5...

Water sports in early pregnany [ 1 Answers ]

I am 3 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to go on a slow sea biscuit (pulled by a motor boat) wearing a wet suit? Concerned about risk of falling off into water and entry of water into blood stream via vagina. Thanks

Missing period and not pregnany [ 6 Answers ]

I've been off my birth control pill for 5 months. Didn't get my period for the 1st two months and then got it right before my wedding and then once after (26 days). But now its 33 days and I haven't gotten it. We've been trying for a baby but I've take 2 HPT and they were both negative. I don't...

View more questions Search