Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vkd1401 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 10:07 AM
    I have no motivation!
    Hello all-

I have a problem. I am an 18 year old female, 5'7", and i weigh 166 pounds. Almost exactly one year ago today I would guess, I weighed around 147 pounds, which means I put on about 19 pounds in one year! I wore a size 5 pants in September, and now I can barely fit into a size 9! I was overweight before, when I was younger, I used to wear a size 11, then got down to a size 5, and now I'm going back up again! Its like it all hit me at once, but thats how it probably is for a lot of people! Its very depressing. Anyways, I was running a mile everyday on the treadmill for about 2 1/2 weeks a few months ago, and I was eating better. I was having a yogurt for breakfast, a granola bar between breakfast and lunch, usually either chicken salad and crackers for lunch, and then...usually just whatever for dinner, which i know is probably not a good thing. Everytime I got on the scale it was always the same as before, one time it was even a little higher! (Which is probably what set me back and why I gave up!) Now I am not currently exercising, I have a job which I sit at all day at a dry cleaners, which is what I'm doing right now :). I have a yogurt every morning for breakfast, which is muuch better than what I was having when I first started college, and thats about the only good thing I'm having all day. I dont have much time to exercise, but I know if I have enough motivation I would make time. I just need as much motivation and as much help as possible as to know what to eat. It's also hard because I'm NEVER home! I eat my yogurt in the car on the way to class, then after class I go straight to work and get something (usually fast food, or a sub from kroger) during that time, and after work I go home to my boyfriends house, and he's not needing to lost weight so sometimes we go out to eat, or just eat at home. He always offers to make something together that is healthy because he knows how much I want to lose weight, but i never really do. I feel like I want to lose weight so bad that even when im eating foods that are bad for me I'm thinking as I'm eating it.."I need to lose weight". But I still don't do anything. So I need something that's convienant. I need a lot of help, and I want to lose as much weight as possible before June (In a healthy way of course!)

ANYTHING would help! Thank you so much! And I know this was a loong post, I didn't even realize till just now how much I wrote! Thank you for reading everything!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 10:23 AM
    First you need to have a balanced meal or you will hurt your over all health,

As for as "fast" food, NO, NO No, take something in a cooler, find places that offer other meals

But until you get the will power to eat properly and start doing some exercise, walking, jogging or something, it is not going to happen.
    vkd1401 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 10:32 AM
    I think I need some help on what exactly a balanced meal is. When I first started dieting I would try to get the minimum 1200 calories a day and I was obsessing about only 1200. This probably isn't good for me, I probably need more than 1200 a day considering my height and weight, but I just don't know. So then I just stopped with the 1200 and didn't know what exactly to eat, how much, when, and I couldn't find something that would work with my fast moving life.
    And I don't know why I didn't think of the cooler idea a loong time ago. Very good idea :)
    Thank you.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Drinking pop adds LBS -- Eat a healthy breakfast -- ExErCiSe after each meal

Weight Loss Motivation Program - Weight Loss Motivation Program Home page

Healthy Living: Weight Loss Tips and Articles: Motivation & Goals

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time and motivation! [ 1 Answers ]

I absolutely ned to drop a few (alot) pounds. I've been told that I do carry my weight well and when I tell people what I weigh or what size pants I wear they are usually shocked. BUT when I look in the mirror I am disgusted with myself. Its been a reallllly long time since I could be naked in...

Weightloss Motivation? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been dealing with being over weight ever since I stopped ballet and karate about the time of a family crisis when I was about 13. I am now about 50 lbs. overweight and I need to lose weight and be healthy to be truly happy with myself. It seems like that would be a good enough reason to put...

Need to find Motivation [ 1 Answers ]

I just don't know what to do anymore.. All I ever have worried about is my weight and yes, I do know that sounds like more of a body image problem yet I try and watch what I eat yet for some reason lately I can't find my way.. I was planning on trying to lose up to 20 lbs over the three month...

Motivation [ 2 Answers ]

This question is very similar to the question "How do I motivate someone?" But, at the same time, very different. I've always heard the adage, "Don't try to change your man." My boyfriend, who is also a musician, has trouble motivating himself in every area of his life. I had to take a break...

No Exercise Motivation [ 3 Answers ]

The doctor said it is critical for me to do aerobic exercise 30 min. 7 days a week. I did exercise regularly when I had appointments with a trainer. At that time, I was working on looking & feeling good because I was soon going to celebrate my 50th birthday. After my birthday, I totally lost the...

View more questions Search