Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judynick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Job application
    I was written up for domestic abuse and no charges were filed.
    The I was convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct. I can have the charge reduced to an infraction. Would either of these show up on employment fingerprinting?

I was written up for domestic abuse and no charges were filed.
    The I was convicted of misdemeanor disorderly conduct. I can have the charge reduced to an infraction. Would either of these show up on employment fingerprinting?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Fingerprinting will tell them who you are, an if you ever were fingerprinted under another name.

A criminal background search, based on the Identities of those fingerprints will show??

Who is doing the search ?
    If the police department or a national security background search is doing the search for their reasons, the arrest, ( if you were arrested, not sure what written up is?? ) but if you were ever arrested for it, that will show up, the conviction will show up.

If this is a job application for walmart, or just some company, only the convictions show up.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 11:17 AM
    They could discover that information, depending on how thoroughly they check backgrounds.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Mar 15, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Depending upon the searcher of information and the reason's for the fingerprinting, such as a job, military commitment, etc. It in all liklihood will show any and all infractions on you that have legally been settled. Unless, the case has been previously sealed. Such as if the infraction occurred while you were a minor. And when it comes to the military investigating someone even those sealed records can be unsealed if desired, for example.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 questions about fingerprints [ 9 Answers ]

1.What is a fingerprint? 2. How do you fingerprint someone? 3. What are the different types of prints? 4. How do you classify a fingerprint? 5. If you don't want your finger prints on something what do you wear to cover them up? 6. How accurate are fingerprint test? 7. Have you ever made a...

Cheating wife? Text messages will reveal all [ 7 Answers ]

My wife and I have been going through a rocky patch for several months now. She has stated displaying some unusual behavior (going out a lot more, occasionally staying out for the night). When her mobile phone bill came in last month I had a shock to find it was £300. I rang some of the numbers on...

Help! Fingerprints on illegal drugs are mine! [ 31 Answers ]

I attended a party at an apartment complex about two weeks ago. The day after the party someone who lives in the apartments discovered a small black 35mm film canister on the ground under some hedges. It contained a small amount of meth split up in 2-3 small baggies. When I say small amount I am...

Fingerprints [ 3 Answers ]

I work part time for a food service and from washing dishes to accidental burns, it's not too good for my hands. Out of my ten fingers I only have two fingerprints left. The rest are completely smooth but wrinkly. :-/ My question is, will they come back? I miss being able to effectively turn a...

View more questions Search