Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenfcee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Bowl of toilet does not fill to correct level
    I had a new Kohler Memoirs Comfort Height toilet installed a few months ago. It has the new Class 5 flush system. For about the 1st month when I flushed the toilet, the water in the bowl came to the correct level. Now, all of a sudden, it barely has any in the bowl after a flush. I live in a ranch home with a 1/2 bath on the other side of this one.
    Any ideas?
    Knucklez Posts: 129, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Is the water leaking out of your tank and into the bowl? i.e. is the water level in the bowl a lot higher than it used to be?

Or

Has the water level set stick slipped out of position?

Ps. Kohler has decent customer service so you can always ask them. Or go to the website and download the product manual since there will be instructions on how to set water level and troubleshooting tips.

Knucklez
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Kenfcee:

Lift the tank lid off (put in safe place) and see if the tube that comes from the fill valve has come out of the overflow tube. Check out this picture below: I think Kohlers fill valve looks different, but should be pretty close:

Fill valve is on left.. see how the refill tube sticks into the overflow tube of the flush valve assembly on right?

If the refill tube is not installed into the overflow properly the toilet bowl will not refill as in your case. There are other issues that can cause this as well... but yours is so new.. I won't list them yet. Try this, let us know... Mark

I am also posting a flush5 toilet pic... like I said it is very similar
    Attached Images

Mar 15, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Oh, that's the valve system I just installed in my toilet.

There are two water level adjustments, a major change and fine tunning. The major adjustment is made via the "adjustable height" arrow. For fine tuning, you use a screw driver and adjust the "water level adjustment clip".

For me this was already done and installed in the tank when I bought the toilet new. All I had to do was move the overflow tube so that it was hooked into the overflow pipe.

Knucklez
    kenfcee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Thanks for the help - the refill tube was out of position. I repositioned it and all is OK.
    Thanks again
    Ken:)
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Thanks for update.

Glad to help anytime... mark

Mar 15, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Yep, just like I said :)

// pats self on back //

Knucklez
    lanegs1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
    OMG! I was reading through this problem and the solution and ran into my bathroom to check. I had the clip on my refill tube filling OUTSIDE the tube. I reversed it so that the refill stream goes into the overflow pipe and oh my gosh, my problem with the toilet not fillling up properly is gone! Thanks you guys! Now I just need to see if this cures the dank smell...
    Lanegs
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 16, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lanegs1
    OMG! I was reading through this problem and the solution and ran into my bathroom to check. I had the clip on my refill tube filling OUTSIDE the tube. I reversed it so that the refill stream goes into the overflow pipe and oh my gosh, my problem with the toilet not fillling up properly is gone! Thanks you guys! Now I just need to see if this cures the dank smell...
    lanegs
    Seeee! We're good for something over here. Glad we could help. Tom
    Silver_Arrow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2014, 09:12 PM
    Wow... that was awesome... worked like a charm. My kids would not use that toilet since the bowl level was so low. The white tube (in my case) was sitting in the tank and just needed to be pushed back down into the center of the overflow tube. I walked up to the bathroom after reading this and said "no way is it going to be this simple"... it was. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler 1.6 gallon toilet, bowl not filling to correct level [ 10 Answers ]

This is a new toilet, just installed. It flushes fine, but the bowl does not fill all the way. When it stops filling you can hear water trickling and the level goes down. Any ideas why? Thanks

Toilet bowl does not fill why? [ 18 Answers ]

The toilet works,tank fills and it flushes,but the bowl gets no water?what is up with this?

1 Toilet Bowl Won't Fill Enough [ 9 Answers ]

I've read through most of the questions but don't see this exact question. One of the toilets in the house doesn't fill enough - the bowl only fills about 1/2 of what it should. The other toilet is fine. I mention the other toilet because 'as the crow flies' they are in proximity. I think they...

Toilet bowl does not fill like it used to. [ 5 Answers ]

I have an older toilet and recently the toilet bowl fills to only about half of what it used to. The tank fills properly and the fill tube is inserted into the overflow tube. By pushing down on the float for a few seconds I can keep the water running and fill the bowl. The level of the water in...

New toilet bowl doesn't fill up [ 1 Answers ]

We just put in a new Kohler (one piece) toilet. It has the large flapper in the tank for supposedly better flushing. However, the flapper is on a raised assembly that when flushed only uses half the water in the tank. Here are my questions: 1. The water level in the bowl in only in the bottom...

View more questions Search