Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmhcmh2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Leaky bathtub
    I am going crazy me and my husband have been trying to search websites and etc for this question and no answer yet I am looking for directions on how to change the water spigot in my bathtub and the hardware because it is a study leak and it is driving me insane when you sleep drip,drip,drip all day all night and my water bill is high enough.
    Knucklez Posts: 129, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Well you came to the right place, the pros on this board (not me) will be more than willing to help.

In the mean time, the tub spigot (the chrome piece) comes off. There is usually a set screw underneath, so you got to put your head under the spigot and look up to see it. Losen that screw. Then you can unscrew the spigot to remove it.

Now you can see the plumbing, and then this might give you a better view of what exactly is leaking.

Take some pictures and post them, that ALWAYS helps. Upload your pictures to ImageShack® - Image Hosting

And copy/paste the "URL for forumns" link to your message. You can preview your message before you submit for post to ensure the picture shows up right.

Knucklez
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 15, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhcmh2
    I am going crazy me and my husband have been trying to search websites and etc for this question and no answer yet I am looking for directions on how to change the water spigot in my bathtub and the hardware because it is a study leak and it is driving me insane when you sleep drip,drip,drip all day all night and my water bill is high enough.
    Spigot translates to spout to me and the spout isn't your problem. Your problem lies within the tub valve. What type of tub faucet do you have? One handle or two knobs? What's the brand name? How old? Let us know, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky Shower Bad Grout or Leaky Shower Pan [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought a townhouse that had the upstairs bathroom redone completely with a walk it tile shower. I have been there a year and recently noticed that the grout is slightly cracked around the base (floor and walls). I have also noticed mold that I have sprayed in the grout (Since leaving...

Fixing a leaky Bathtub Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 40 year old PriceFister 3 handle, washer-variety, tub faucet that has a slow, constant drip. This is a vacation home by the ocean where everything seems to break down and rust constantly, (not sure if this is important). I have shut the water and replaced the washers which really...

Leaky bathtub faucet [ 6 Answers ]

My bathtub faucet is leaking badly. It looks to me that the hot knob will not close all the way. You turn the knob and it won't turn anymore but it looks like there is still a little room for it to close all the way but it won't. Is there any way to fix that easily?

Leaky Bathtub Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Stanadyne (I've been told this is now Moen) bathtub faucet that leaks out of the spout when it is turned off. I'm not sure how to describe the faucet other than it is a single-handle that I pull away from the wall and then turn right or left to adjust the water temperature. It looks...

View more questions Search