Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pagooch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 05:47 AM
    Connecting sink to drain pipe
    I'm installing a bar sink in my lower level. I have the drain pipe, that I connected to the main drain & properly vented, sticking out of the wall about a foot. This drain pipe is located about 22 1/2 inches above the floor.

Any tips or don'ts that I need to know connecting the sink to this pipe?

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 15, 2008, 06:05 AM
    22 1/2" off the floor is a little high for the stubout. How high will the bar sink set? You will attach a 1 1/2" trap with a 1 1/2 X 1 1/4" Nylon compression gasket to pick up the bar sinks tailpiece. Good luck. Tom
    pagooch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Thanks for responding Tom. The bottom of the sink will be 28 inches above the floor. This is before I've installed the strainer. Unfortuately, I couldn't have the drain stub come into the room any lower.
    Pagooch
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 15, 2008, 07:07 AM
    Double check your measurements to see if the trap will come too high up to connect to the tailpiece. You might have to either raise the bar sink of lower the stubout. Good luck and keep me informed , tom
    Knucklez Posts: 129, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2008, 07:12 AM
    The nylon compression fit connector for the sink portion of the drain is a must. But I also appreciated later the fact that on the other end of the P-trap where the trap mets the ABS drain, was also a screw together connection. That way, when I had a problem I could lossen the nylon nut, and unscrew the ABS. then the p-trap would twist away from the drain, and then I could pull straight down to remove the trap from the sink stub.

It goes back together just as easy.

That was handy..

Knucklez

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing & connecting new toilet drain pipe to existing septic [ 3 Answers ]

How do I install a new toilet and shower drain pipe system and attach to existing septic system. I've already opened a 24" wide and 42" deep path through the concrete foundation, under house wall and down to the existing septic drain pipes.

Kitchen sink drain pipe leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a big leak under the kitchen floor, I went under the house and I can see the leak which is right in the center of the kitchen. The crawling space was very minimal and hard to get to the cast iron pipe. I was thinking about opening the kitchen floor which is wood to see if I can fix the...

Sink drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix a leaky drain pipe at the connections? It is sewed down tight and it still leaks

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

Smell coming up sink drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I have read the info on smelly sink but I think this case is slightly different. There is a black smelly sludge evident on the outside gulley trap which I have now cleared. But this evil sludge is coming from the plastic pipe joining sink to gulley. I am unable to get right through the pipe to...

View more questions Search