Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 02:20 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion of photos. That's a really good idea that I never thought of! There's lots of places in the house where photos would be very telling.

The plumber and the electrician are from the city, not from a private business. I guess I didn't make that totally clear from my post. We likely wouldn't be able to afford them otherwise.

Thanks again, I will keep you guys informed!
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2006, 08:42 AM
    I just wanted to update you guys on everything... my former landlord is getting CHARGED (criminally)! Not solely because of our complaint, but I guess he had some other buildings with similar problems and other tenants also complained. Additionally, one of his buildings had a serious fire in it last week, and a child was injured. So I'm really glad we got out of there!

We also found a new house, which we are buying. We had it inspected, and it is up to standards and has everything we were looking for. After our fiasco with the old kitchen, we are splurging and buying all new appliances as well. I'm kind of paranoid about fridges and stoves now. We take possession of the house March 15.

Thanks everyone for your help! If you're interested, I'll come back later and tell you whether my ex-landlord went to jail! :D
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 20, 2006, 08:55 AM
    Thanks Chava,
    Yes, by all meams keep us informed of developments. Good luck, Tom
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Feb 20, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Thanks for the update! Please continue to keep us informed of any new developments.

Hatzlacha Rabbah with your new house, and enjoy it!
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 13, 2008, 02:17 AM
    Hey Chava,

I know this is a REALLY old thread, but you never got back to us: what happened to your ex-landlord in the end? Did he end up going to jail, or what?

Regards,
    Moishe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage smell from basement bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

We bought our house a year ago. The basement was already finshed. In the basement bathroom there is a drain in the floor that would give off a sulphur smell. We would dump water down the drain every other day but the smell really never went completely away. About a month ago I noticed a sewage ...

Sewer smell [ 3 Answers ]

A sewer smell started coming from the bathroom sink drain. I put bleach down it and its OK for a few hours and then its back. Could my vent pipe on the roof be clogged? Help!

Sewer Gas Smell [ 4 Answers ]

We have been having a problem with a bad smell that we think is sewer gas coming up through the shower drain when we flush the toilet in our back bathroom. We're not having the problem anywhere else in the house and at first we only noticed the smell, like I said, when we flushed that toilet. The...

Sewer smell [ 2 Answers ]

Oh Lord, I live in a 3 family home and I have there are 9 persons living in the home. (5 are tenants) and my family 4) anyway, lately, I have been smelling a sewerage smell... I am so embarrassed. I don't think I have a septic tank... we live in the bronx, ny... brick home. I read that I can...

Gross Basement Bathroom Smell [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, We recently had a bathroom installed in our basement and it is smelling the house up completely. The sewer smell is coming from both the toilet and sink. What could it be? The color of the water is fine. The toilet seems to be flushing fine although sometimes I find that there is a lack of...

View more questions Search