Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dorsetbill Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 05:14 AM
    Belkin router
    Can anyone help with my earlier question of 13 march please ?
    Should the router ADSL (green) light settle down to a continuous display
    If only connected to phone line and power supply BUT NOT to laptop.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 01:42 AM
    Depends on router model, some are sync lights (would go solid), others activity (blinks all the time). Go to Belkin, click "Support Center" on the left, select "Networking Products" in the Product Support browser, find your router in the model list, then find the link to the User Manual, download it, and read it.

If it is an activity light, it may blink even if nothing is connected to the router as the router itself generates packets and it will get port scanned from the Internet. There is always traffic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belkin router will not synchronize to the ISP [ 8 Answers ]

Can my phone line be at fault given that:- 1.Router (and my laptop)connect OK at sons house (3 miles away) 2.My laptop mostly connects to ISP first time. Rarely I have to pull out & reinsert the usb conn 3.Original phone master socket crudely rerun & jointed some 10 metres.Into/out of loft....

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

Using a router [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to use my router, but I don't have a router table and :o I am having problems with knowing how to set the material. Do I set it up at 1/2 the blade width?:o

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

View more questions Search