Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Mar 15, 2008, 04:31 AM
    B12 deficiency
    Can a B12 deficiency cause a problem with your thyroid?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 05:43 AM
    I am not so sure that B12 deficiency causes thyroid problem BUT someone with a thyroid problem is more than likely to be B12 deficient.
    A lack of B12 usually effects your nerves and stress level and memory more than anything from what I have seen.
    Vitamin B12 is hard for some peoples body to absorb properly. If they are not absorbing it properly they need to talk to the dr about getting B12 shots. It is the only way people with the problem can absorb it. My grandmother's memory was going and I kept telling my mom about B12 shots. She ended up in a nursing home with Alzheimer's and they had to give her B12 shots.
    She should go to the doctors and get her B12 level, thyroid and liver checked.
    If her body is absorbing B12 properly then take sublingual B12
    Also a lack of iodine will cause a thyroid problem. Do they use iodized salt and eat sea food?
    They might want to get their iodine level checked too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency and Ambrotose [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 26 years old and was diagnosed as an Alpha nearly a year ago. Has anyone with Alpha 1 (or someone you know) used Ambrotose with notable improvement of the symptoms &/or attacks?

Will lender notify that there is no deficiency after foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My wife's home was foreclosed in April 2007. This was the home she purchased in 2001 before we met. Everything was going just fine for her, good credit, on-time payments. When she and I married in 2006 she put her house up for sale as she was moving from the Detroit area and we now live in my...

What intermediates accumulate in PK-deficiency? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the 3 intermediates that accumulate in PK-deficiency (pyruvate kinase deficiency)?

View more questions Search